Dry sump oil

WPDiesel

I've wondered how they feed the oil passages in a dry sump set up I thought I seen somewhere they machined a distribution block that bolted in where the oil pump went and heard of back feeding oil cooler passages also anyone know much about this?!?!? Trying to up oil flow to keep Pistons cooler and think it would just be a fun build!!

I haven't looked into the pump end of things yet honestly so idk forsure.... I figured the factory pump would be a good place to feed through the front cover but looks like everyone is feeding through the filter housing...

Auto Verdi, Daily Engineering and Peterson make great pumps as well as a few others.

The one for my car is an ARE, but i think it's actually made by Barnes. Daily stuff is really nice.

I'm sure you've noticed already if you've done even the most minor research but dry sump systems aren't even remotely cheap and the biggest gains you're going to see are going to come from oil control as opposed to power increase. Be prepared to spend the money and constant upkeep of the system. They aren't install and forget like factory. You'll also want to keep a spare belt handy at all times.

I can't imagine using a dry sump unless there are ground clearance issues(my excuse).

Back