Dt360 2008 f450

Changed the electronic shift T-case to manual so I could actually have 4WD...this things like driving a bulldozer. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7cxCTSDeWw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7cxCTSDeWw[/ame]

The tree didn't exactly capture the best camera angle.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uut5qF7dBHg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uut5qF7dBHg[/ame]

I wish there was a recipe for using DT parts to get some power.
Even after the p7100 adaption, those pumps are not cheap at all.

Wonder if a dt530 or 570 or whatever would bolt on, and use the injectors off that engine too? 300 hp stock i think, so a few little pump mods might hit 400 without anything fancy or custom or one off.

Pretty sure the larger motors were heui

Was the dt402 or 401 pump mechanical? I know they are even more rare than a 360, just an idea

Went for a tow test today...A little sluggish, but it moves. Bobcat is about 11,000lbs, trailer about 4000.

DSC_1303_zps1vtlrs72.jpg

61ea8e25-df2d-4cda-bc29-dae51e9e02dc_zpsa8967e70.jpg

9b6d1e9e-38c5-4cf3-af7d-c53000564320_zpse1548655.jpg

Looks like it could use some helper airbags when towing that heavy.

Tires are pretty close to the flatbed when it's unloaded too

Flatbed installed, I think I might do a new headache rack, something a little sleeker and less work truck. The factory hitch needs to go to clean up the rear. Also need to paint the whole truck soon too. :D

DSC_1076_zpsrkk402l6.jpg

DSC_1074_zpsjfgcvjgu.jpg

sluggish as in it'll maintain highway speed on hills but accelerates slow...or...?

It definitely needs more power, slow to accelerate, I didn't go that far as the trailer has no insurance. My P-pump is taking forever to show up, this next phase should make this thing awesome.

Ya I think so, the new springs ride great, but don't pack the weight like the stock ones did.

Tires are pretty close to the flatbed when it's unloaded too

That's an old pic before I lifted it:

DSC_1304_zpsnlxnnfzc.jpg

What turbo are you thinking of running after more fuel?

I am aiming for a maximum of 600 HP and planning on running a he351ve variable housing turbo off a newer dodge cummins, and a s475 under the passenger floor.
If you were thinking of running a variable turbo, that could probably be bolted on and configured now, and the higher bottomn end boost coul flow more fuel faster.

Probably not more horsepower, but a higher TQ curve.
And then when you get more fuel, add a 2nd turbo.
I found several he352ve's for around 1000$, and the s475 's are less.

I skimmed through and may have missed it. Did you measure the throw on your arm on the transmission for the clutch?

Just skimmed through the whole thread. Love what you did. I'd like to do something like that with a late 50's or 60's 2 or 3 ton, because they sell at farm sales cheap, already have some heavy parts, and they don't give common rail stuff away. Just one thing though, you're allowed to be a "diesel enthusiast" in BC?

How does the 360 compare weight wise to the original 6.4? The original 6.4's were fairly heavy, so are they pretty close? Was that truck fairly loaded? I wondered if a conversion on a modern truck like that would be pretty tough to integrate with the factory harness and modules. I thought it would be easiest to do aftermarket heater and painless harness, but you seem to have it going with just a guage package.

Just skimmed through the whole thread. Love what you did. I'd like to do something like that with a late 50's or 60's 2 or 3 ton, because they sell at farm sales cheap, already have some heavy parts, and they don't give common rail stuff away. Just one thing though, you're allowed to be a "diesel enthusiast" in BC?

Ya I have thought about doing a 50's or 60's cab on this thing haha.

I can be whatever I want in BC. ;)

There is a club called the BC Coal Rollers...lol They even got on the news.

I have no interest in that crap...drawing attention from CVSE is at the bottom of my list for things to do.

How does the 360 compare weight wise to the original 6.4? The original 6.4's were fairly heavy, so are they pretty close? Was that truck fairly loaded? I wondered if a conversion on a modern truck like that would be pretty tough to integrate with the factory harness and modules. I thought it would be easiest to do aftermarket heater and painless harness, but you seem to have it going with just a guage package.

The engine is probably very similar, my transmission is a good 250-300 lbs more.

You have to be good at wiring and diagnostics to make things work. That is the one let down doing this in a modern truck has. It can be done, there is a guy on here with a 12v in an 08, it's beyond my abilities though. I don't have a tach, speedo, or ABS currently. I have mechanical gauges for temp, oil,EGT's. Everything else heater included works as it did before.

Oh and I did some mileage numbers yesterday. Based on a 60 mile drive, mostly hwy it got 12-13mpg. Not as great as I hoped, but it could be the lack of power requiring more full throttle acceleration. We'll see what it does with the P-pump I finally got.

Back