DT466 superduty DD build

Good luck broseph, make sure to include TV screens, whirlpool, full leather interior, and a microwave.

The guys on here know A LOT more than I do, so when I ask for advice, I listen to what they have to say, but it seems like you got your whole truck ironed out in your head, but it hasn't magically materialized. How deep are your pockets? Where do you work and what do you do there?

Does anyone know of a 466 pickup as a daily driver? Give me a call or text anytime
603 728 8351 if you have or know of anyone. Thanks ~Clayton

Wunderwood- my pockets aren't really your concern but I do build diesels every day in my shop. Would you like an address to visit? I didn't come here to beg for questions and make others heads swell, on the other hand if an intelligent option is spelled out here I'm all ears and agree that my transfer case knowledge lacks at the moment. I suppose the f-150 in Godfrey Illinois that is almost complete is just in my immagination OR I could post up the pictures when a few here decide to back off and enjoy the progress reports of my own build. I was hesitant to post this and don't really like posting on forums for these exact situations... But I know other real people and builders and folks helping with tech have asked to see updates so here is MY thread on MY OWN build for those who like to see this stuff. And to those of you who think you need to ask if I have enough money to do this instead call my posted number and come see my place and what I do before you attempt to make a fool of me on a public forum. Again please if you have intelligent info I'm all ears and know how to weed out BS and learn from smart "hands on" folks here.

How about this,

Dana 80's break behind 7.3's and 5.9's.....

A 205 is complete insanity, a 273 is your only option and its not ideal, really needs a rockwell tcase. A shop owner should know that.

Have you ever seen a DT466 in a Superduty? I know of one guy that crammed on in an OBS and that was beyond tight. Possible and practical are two different things, a DT360 will do just fine for a DD and be different. I've seen a 671 detroit in an F150, and it ran. It was completely useless, but it was neat.

If you are considering a Spicer Direct or a MT653 it shows your lack of knowledge about these engines or setup in general.

Even better, their is a reason you dont see 466's in a pickup. It weighs 1500lb at least, I think they are about 1800 dressed. Ball joints will love that. The physical size is not pickup friendly, hell a 5.9 is not that roomy in them, better than a V8 by a mile. So, you will have a truck that will eat ball joints, shell axles, be illegal at any sanctioned pull, and be a complete ***** to work on......sounds like a brilliant plan, please go on.

After reading your latest posts, take that holier than thou attitude and get the phuck out.

My point is that many, many others have great ideas, and it does work in your head, until you start doing your research, figuring out what will and will not work. Custom fabbed parts aren't cheap, and axles/driveshafts/transmissions/flexplates/torque converters/engines from different vehicles don't just bolt together.

You seem awful defensive already, and barely acknowledged that your transfer case won't last.

Have you called Hypermax and asked how much 2,000 lb/ft of torque is going to cost?

See this thread: (all 14 pages of it) Seems to me like this guy did a lot more homework than you have, and finally nothing came of it. Read and re-read the title, and then skip to page 14 if you want. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133467&highlight=DT466

I applaud you for thinking outside of the box, but I'll bet my next paycheck a F-150 with a DT466 engine will never drive down the road.

Lmao.... Follow along and learn that I don't quit. And plow frames and plows are awful heavy on the front end boy thank goodness I'm only adding 250 pounds mid front. Don't post in my thread if you don't like it. Good bye
Oh yeah and call the most expensive powerstroke/ih shop in the country and ask them prices that's real wise. I'm tired of you whiners. Move on and be silent

Man I can try to post from my phone but if I can't and u want to see want I'm doing all you have to do is call or text me 603 728 8351 I thought a cell phone booster would work for my Verizon coverage and an air card on my laptop but out here in north central Kansas my Internet coverage is very limited on A laptop or desk top but I will make the attempt rite now this is why I said I would post when the time presents itself.

Oh and wet sleeves can bring me to 460 cubes if I wanted to spend the quid And be legal. BUT this is a personal challenge and for work, business, and novelty so maby a 525 cube setup would be even better. But anyhow dream on with your own dream build while I continue with my actual legit build. All pics and videos will be posted as time presents itself. Thanks for following.

460 cubes only gets you in the MOD classes where you will get destroyed. What pulling organization will you be running with?

Please provide an example of an existing P-Pumped DT466 making 2000 ft-lb that runs on the street and tows and pulls. I don't give a rat's ass about who's friend has one and what some shop is going to sell you.....a REAL example please.

There's a lot of us who have been on these forums a long time, and every year somebody comes along with a story just like yours....and the result is always the same.

Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Man I can try to post from my phone but if I can't and u want to see want I'm doing all you have to do is call or text me 603 728 8351 I thought a cell phone booster would work for my Verizon coverage and an air card on my laptop but out here in north central Kansas my Internet coverage is very limited on A laptop or desk top but I will make the attempt rite now this is why I said I would post when the time presents itself.

Punctuation, bro. Punctuation. This ain't like the other forums. We WILL call your azz out. Figure out how to post pics, and the half ton frame and truck will magically appear with a 1 1/2 ton motor, dude. Did you read all 14 pages of the link I suggested?

My dad had a saying way back when: "don't let your alligator mouth overload your tweety bird azz." You might want to reconsider what you're getting yourself into.

Last edited:
Your such a sweet heart! Really you are. I love people like you, "I know a guy that will loaf your azz off my boards" blah blah blah. Glad to her your life revolves around this place. For once I thought maybe just maybe this was a decent place. But we clearly have the usual here. Listen son, I do a plot of reading/studying about anything I pursue. This time I chose a different path with intentions of sharing with multiple friends, vendors, and good people that have offered tech advise. I don't know much about forums BECAUSE I READ not run my mouth. I read what pertaines to my situation not to seek drama out bull****. DPE referred me here some time ago and said it was a good place, I've read up on **** here and stayed silent. You want pics correct? I have to prove myself correct? Grow up clean your ears out and read my words then comprehend them. IAM NOT A KEYBOARD COWBOY I
KNOW LITTLE ABOUT POSTING PICS BUT HAVE SOME AND WILL HAVE MANY MORE TO COME, I DO NOT OWN A DESKTOP AND I HAVE NO "NORMAL" INTERNET AVAILABLE. I HAVE CELL SIGNAL FOR INTERNET. IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE WHAT IM DOING AND NOT DRIVE ME IN THE GROUND OVER A FORUM AND MAKE INUEDOS THAT IM TELLING STORIES AND HAVE NO MEANS TO ACCOMPLISH THIS OR NO MOTIVATION TO COMPLETE THIS THEN PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND I WILL SHARE ALL I AM DOING IN DETAIL. IF YOU WERE TO ASK AROUND THIS IS NOT THE NORM FOR ME I KEEP "SETUPS/BUILD" DETAILS TO MYSELF. THIS IS A HUGE UNDERTAKING THAT IAM DOING FOR PERSONAL REASONS
AND WELL TO BE FRANK MY MOTIVATION IS THIS BUILD BEING DEDICATED TO MY 3 SONS THAT I HAVE NOT SEEN IN ALMSOT A YEAR DUE TO A HORRID DIVORCE. THAT BEING SAID I NEED NO PITTY PARTIES JUST WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR I NOT TELLING STORIES. Why do I feel like I have to prove myself here? I don't know everything, I love to learn and well I doubted the kid that gave me info On the 205 but should have looked into it more before I said anything. I now plan to run my 273 while I get a custom transfer ordered up and installed after harvest. I've battled lots of mental fatigue from not seeing my boys and have turned a new leafe, I'm pushing through this build for my boys. Maybe foolish to others but This is what my boys and I did before I lost them. We built cool **** and did wild things. I'm sorry for the novel but damn I was getting hammered because others havent come through with these builds. Please if anything, some support in finishing this and solid info in an area that you are familiar with would truly be appreciated. I've posted my cOntact info in an effort to show I'm not playing games here. I have until August to do some small builds for customers but primarily finish this build
Then harvest starts, this won't be a 2-3 hour a nite build this is a write off for me and my main concern. Thanks ~Clayton

Well now that the meltdown that we knew was coming is over, i hope we see some pics soon.

Your such a sweet heart! Really you are. I love people like you, "I know a guy that will loaf your azz off my boards" blah blah blah. Glad to her your life revolves around this place. For once I thought maybe just maybe this was a decent place. But we clearly have the usual here. Listen son, I do a plot of reading/studying about anything I pursue. This time I chose a different path with intentions of sharing with multiple friends, vendors, and good people that have offered tech advise. I don't know much about forums BECAUSE I READ not run my mouth. I read what pertaines to my situation not to seek drama out bull****. DPE referred me here some time ago and said it was a good place, I've read up on **** here and stayed silent. You want pics correct? I have to prove myself correct? Grow up clean your ears out and read my words then comprehend them. IAM NOT A KEYBOARD COWBOY I
KNOW LITTLE ABOUT POSTING PICS BUT HAVE SOME AND WILL HAVE MANY MORE TO COME, I DO NOT OWN A DESKTOP AND I HAVE NO "NORMAL" INTERNET AVAILABLE. I HAVE CELL SIGNAL FOR INTERNET. IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE WHAT IM DOING AND NOT DRIVE ME IN THE GROUND OVER A FORUM AND MAKE INUEDOS THAT IM TELLING STORIES AND HAVE NO MEANS TO ACCOMPLISH THIS OR NO MOTIVATION TO COMPLETE THIS THEN PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND I WILL SHARE ALL I AM DOING IN DETAIL. IF YOU WERE TO ASK AROUND THIS IS NOT THE NORM FOR ME I KEEP "SETUPS/BUILD" DETAILS TO MYSELF. THIS IS A HUGE UNDERTAKING THAT IAM DOING FOR PERSONAL REASONS
AND WELL TO BE FRANK MY MOTIVATION IS THIS BUILD BEING DEDICATED TO MY 3 SONS THAT I HAVE NOT SEEN IN ALMSOT A YEAR DUE TO A HORRID DIVORCE. THAT BEING SAID I NEED NO PITTY PARTIES JUST WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR I NOT TELLING STORIES. Why do I feel like I have to prove myself here? I don't know everything, I love to learn and well I doubted the kid that gave me info On the 205 but should have looked into it more before I said anything. I now plan to run my 273 while I get a custom transfer ordered up and installed after harvest. I've battled lots of mental fatigue from not seeing my boys and have turned a new leafe, I'm pushing through this build for my boys. Maybe foolish to others but This is what my boys and I did before I lost them. We built cool **** and did wild things. I'm sorry for the novel but damn I was getting hammered because others havent come through with these builds. Please if anything, some support in finishing this and solid info in an area that you are familiar with would truly be appreciated. I've posted my cOntact info in an effort to show I'm not playing games here. I have until August to do some small builds for customers but primarily finish this build
Then harvest starts, this won't be a 2-3 hour a nite build this is a write off for me and my main concern. Thanks ~Clayton

you know how nwpadmax said we hear this every so often? ^ This is exactly what we're used to hearing, especially the attitude, damn near to a word. Not saying you're the same ol guy but this all sounds familiar.

that said I hope you do this and it works for you, it'll be a nice change.

It would be totally different if you came on and said the following:

"Guys, I am a big DT466 fan and I know it will be rough to fit one in a pickup, however, what would it take (air and fuel wise) to make 2000 ft-lb with a mechanical pump? Does it stand any chance of it being streetable at that power level without pump and injector changes all the time?

Second, what kind of driveline will I need to hold up to it?"

Then you would have gotten all kinds of good feedback. It's all in the approach, man.

Here's my major stumbling block with your concept: you grabbed 2000 ft-lb out of the air and made that your goal. Then you said you wanted to use a 66 or 71mm turbo....guess what, you'll never make 2000 ft-lb with that. For any chance of being even remotely streetable you will need a set of compound twins that will feed roughly 1200HP (just an estimate)....say like a GT42/GT55 setup.

How many 1200HP mechanically pumped trucks you see running the street? Very very few, it's a fine art. Then you want to tow and pull with it (and not be broken all the time)? You'll be one of a handful of guys in the country. It's swinging for the fence big time.

But, that being said, if you're really serious, stay here and learn, but ask a lot more questions first.

Last edited:
Actually. I'm looking At a small gt42 or s4 8-900 hp 1800+ tq. I went directly to dpe's shop where they actually build these engines on a steady diet and asked the following
If it was you what would you do..........THEN what would my numbers be. I didn't pull 2k from the air so drop the assumption. I'm still undecided on the tranny. My pump is a 180 pump 4k's 179's that Seth is benching and supplying the injectors, lines and hub with gear. 3" Intake manifold also. Fuel lab lift pump Seth and Rodney are supplying the injectors also. Keep in mind if you are not very familiar with the setups on these engines the nUmbers won't seem correct. They are nothing like a 5.9 it takes far less to make power due to cubes.
Head is most likely being I ringed at Dpe as well.

Dmax- where did you get your 466 information? Off a forum or real world? Not a smart azz just curious because it's very different from what ive learned.

Back