DT466

Ok, I subscribing to this one!

i cant find any info as far as cranking up a DT466 anywere!!!!!

Im kinda bored with watching 2nd gen trucks with 12v's pulling every weekend.........So Im thinking of throwing a DT466 into my 1993 Dodge Chassis!!!

Should be fun, just got to figure things out as far as what driveline I want to go with!!! Dont think I can throw down the coin for a drop box/reverser combo....maybe an adaptor plate for a NV4500 and that might make it easier for me in the long run......

I was wondering how involved the swap was ? We have an 806 as well and after turning a rod bearing are looking to step up a little .. Any info you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Btw .. we are not looking to get that much power out of it , just something with a few more cubes.
Thanks
Ron

Mr.Gadget, I don't believe it was too involved, Ik the frame had to be lengthened around 4-5 inches i believe

Unfortunately when the tractor was built i was at most 10 years old so I don't really know much about the conversion

Mr.Gadget, I don't believe it was too involved, Ik the frame had to be lengthened around 4-5 inches i believe

Unfortunately when the tractor was built i was at most 10 years old so I don't really know much about the conversion
Okay , thanks... I can't find much info on the swap or I'm not looking in the right place.

try making a new post on pulloff.com , im sure someone will know exactly what is needed

I do know that we have the stock input shaft in it(soon to be upgraded to the 1566 shaft since i snapped it in half last week), and a 3 disc crower slipper clutch

if your not looking to get much power out of it you might be fine with the stock input shaft, but if you might want to get some power out of it one day now would be the time to upgrade the shaft before you order a new clutch so you don't have to switch it over later(if the swap requires a new clutch, i have no idea)

Back