Dual Boost gauges on a compound setup?

SixOhh

EPA unfriendly
as soon as shane is done with my kit, this will my my first time running a compound setup on any of my rigs..

I will be running the S400 over a modded stokker.

With that being said, is it ever necessary to run dual boost gauges on a compound setup?
I have an extra spot where my dash mount gauge pod is. i am a freak when it comes to gauges and monitoring and i am just wondering if anyone runs an additional gauge besides the intake horn location? can i reliably monitor both turbos separately or does it really matter?

thanks in advance.

seams to be that alot of guys have been running 2. one to watch the maifoild charger and the other to watch total boost. i plan to run 2 boost as well as a back presure gauge

i do for tuning purposes to get the correct ratio between the two turbos

i do for tuning purposes to get the correct ratio between the two turbos

I do the same

Another option would be one of the pressure monitoring manifolds from Lazarsmith. you can set up multiple areas to be monitored and then connect them to 2 boost gauges to compare pressures. Looks like a nice product

i will be sure to look into that product.

how are you tuning / controlling either turbo? simply with the wastegates?

I have
1 gauge on the primary
1 gauge on the manifold total boost
1 gauge with a check valve to record pressure with a relief button of total boost

i will be sure to look into that product.

how are you tuning / controlling either turbo? simply with the wastegates?
Running an external gate on the secondary, no gate on the primary. Using the wastegate to balance between the two. Waste gate is tuned with spring weight and then using manifold boost to control the Wastegate. I split the manifold tubing and ran one line through a pressure valve to limit the flow to either below or above the wastegate piston. Sounds more complex than it really is. Still having some adventures getting them tuned, it's my first time

Back