Dual Disc clutch

wood80

I have a south bend DD clutch that is acting funny and just wondering if anyone has an idea before I pull this thing out again. I can not down shift, hard to get in reverse, and feels like one of the disc locks up way before the other. I mean if I let the clutch out a hair it feels like it starts to pull slightly but the clutch has to be all the way out before it totally locks up. When I push the clutch all the way in it feels like it is still slightly pulling. I adjusted the linkage at the top of the clutch pedal in every direction and nothing changed. Is there any other adjustments, could it be the slave cylinder?
Thanks for any help.:bang:bang:bang

I have a south bend DD clutch that is acting funny and just wondering if anyone has an idea before I pull this thing out again. I can not down shift, hard to get in reverse, and feels like one of the disc locks up way before the other. I mean if I let the clutch out a hair it feels like it starts to pull slightly but the clutch has to be all the way out before it totally locks up. When I push the clutch all the way in it feels like it is still slightly pulling. I adjusted the linkage at the top of the clutch pedal in every direction and nothing changed. Is there any other adjustments, could it be the slave cylinder?
Thanks for any help.:bang:bang:bang

Which model DD and do you have the HD hydro? i know my on my brothers 24v 6spd before we put the HD hydros on it it did about the same thing. he has the 3850 12cb

I agree I think it is the floater plate but what was your cure. I do have the HD hydro but not sure the model #. It is the 500-600 street DD.

Pull it out and file the grooves that the floater rides in and a chamfer of sorts on the floater where it rides. Put a really fine finish on it. Open it up a few thou or so.

my clutch got to a point before my trans let go where I thought i felt it grabbing a little bit before the clutch pedal was all the way out... i didnt even look at the clutch though before i sent it back to soutbend for nv5600 retrofit

Southbend said this has been a problem with the quit dd and told me to take pictures of my clutch plates and they would take care of it.

Back