Dual disc Issues?

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
Don't brand bash or anything! but what issues have ya'll had with your dual discs new or with little miles!?

I installed mine and started getting hard to get into first and reverse (rolls forward a little) , upgraded the hydro's and still the same problem, so we are thinking it could be a floater sticking or not floating, or could be a broke lever on the pressure plate? or bad hydros?

anyone had these issues or any related to this?

I had a finger pin break in mine after about 2000 miles.

Started getting stiff, then you had to kill the truck to get it in gear.

It was a lever type pressure plate. Manufacture sent a replacement free, and paid to ship the busted one back.

well we were thinkin that, but I can't remember honestly if it's a new diaphram style or the old lever type press plate, It will go into gear and it shifts well it just rolls forward into 1st and reverse it rolls a little!

the clutch pedal engages just a little at the bottom, then stops while coming up, the starts engaging normally? any ideas?

Bent clutch fork?

Could be alot of things, call the manufacture and talk with them.

I have been talking with them, but I wanna fully rule out the hydros before I pull it again! I currently don't have a shop and have limited access to one! and landscaping is full throttle right now, can't really afford to be down!

mine has been doin the same gonna pull with it some this weekend and then see how it does

I adusted my hudros till you could fell the fork grazing the pressure plate.

If I does that you know its the clutch.

I adusted my hudros till you could fell the fork grazing the pressure plate.

If I does that you know its the clutch.

please explain, I'm retarded?

Are you saying adjust the pedal out some more? I took the spacer out of the slave cylinder!

Both, I adjusted the hydros out till the end came of, then screwed it back on about 4 threads.

Mash the pedal to the floor and hear a "clunk clunk clunk clunk" at about 20 cps (clunks per second)

I was having harsh engagement issues and the hard to get into gear thing.

The hard to get into gear thing was definatly my hydraulics. One morning I wouldn't be able to get the sucker into gear unless I shut it off, so I adjusted the pushrod out. The next morning I would have to adjust it again. Then coming home from work the clutch fork would grind on the P/P:doh: So then I would have to adjust the push rod in. So I was obviously having some stroke issues with the hydraulics.

The Harsh engagement thing I'm hoping was related also due to the hydraulics not letting the clutch fully disengage....sometimes:bang

I got cheap and had my neighbor machine up an adjustable end for my slave cyl, which worked good. I don't think my hydraulics were very good to start with because I've had nothing but engagement problems all along (and disengagement). So I've wasted my neighbors talent on some junk hydraulics.

So my new adjustable set should be here soon and we'll see what happens, but I'm positive It'll work perfect. :rockwoot:

Mine rolls a little when i go to put it in gear, but never had any problems with not being able to get it into gear, it is hard sometimes to get it into reverse but i just throw it in 3rd first and it falls right in!

I have been told a warped clutch disc will have them symptoms.. Especially if you slip it alot...

I've had the floater plate stick before. If you grind the edges just slightly, it worked very well. After grinding the edges it was just slightly louder, but not bad at all.

Ya mine always goes in gear but always with a little hesitation and the truck will slightly roll forward a lil. I kinda thought it would shift a lil faster than it does too. I have the upgraded hydros with a 3250 dd with 6 buttons.

Ya mine always goes in gear but always with a little hesitation and the truck will slightly roll forward a lil. I kinda thought it would shift a lil faster than it does too. I have the upgraded hydros with a 3250 dd with 6 buttons.

seems exactly like mine, I have a 3600 6cb, what about the clutch pedal? does it move just a little letting up from the bottom, then not roll, then start engaging like normal?

My truck shifted absolutely perfect when my 3600 12cb was installed. I pulled at Grantsville & rode the clutch a little to control bouncing issues. Now I have some "notchy shifts". I don't know how I could have warped it this fast, but I think mine is slightly warped.

seems exactly like mine, I have a 3600 6cb, what about the clutch pedal? does it move just a little letting up from the bottom, then not roll, then start engaging like normal?

That is exactly how mine reacts (36 12cb Dia.). It's sometimes a little tuff to get into 1st & R. I love it though.....it slightly engages and loads the engine just a tad to change the note then when I begin to engage and take off is when I get the rump rump rump rump.....ha...Love it!

No mine engages at the same spot in the pedal. It acts just like a stocker but its a lil tuff to get in gear sometimes and it has notchy shifting. I like it though, it holds great. Barely makes a sound at idle in neutral with the clutch let out. It shifts fast enough to run 13.5 in the 1/4. I think it will do high 12's when I get some more go fast parts.

Back