Dual Rear wheel conversion

megacabrule

hi there. I am just curious if any one knows of the best way to convert a srw to a drw and make it strong enough to handle 1300 rwhp. It seems to me like its a big advantage with the people I pull against. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

on mine when i had 16'' rims i had a 2'' spacer between the rims with no issues. i recently went up to 17'' rims and just got longer wheel studs and had a 1'' aluminum spacer milled down to a 3/4''. so both rims are now on the same stud and the valve stems line up, vs before the rims were off set and was a pain to get to the valve stems.

Convert from what? A one ton or less rear end will not handle 1300 rear wheel HP, epically with duals. You need to convert to a larger axle assembly. Welcome to the 3.0 class. :Cheer:

Convert from what? A one ton or less rear end will not handle 1300 rear wheel HP, epically with duals. You need to convert to a larger axle assembly. Welcome to the 3.0 class. :Cheer:

And by the time you try and build your axle to hold the power and find out it won't you've just thrown your money down the drain. I found out the hard way.

On mine I just bought a cheap set of 17x9 black steel rims and cut the centers out and offset them where I needed them and made a custom spacer for in between. Worked out well and ended up with nice wide rims and didn't have to swap out the rear end for a dually axle.

Back