Dually wheels and axle ??

NYCEGUY01

Ok Ive searched here and 2 other sites for quite a while.
Most of what I read seems to be wrong...lol

I measured 4 Dually trucks and 6 SRW's.

The Dually axles I measured are all 2" narrower ( 1" per side) that the SRW trucks.
Perfect I thought... I want to run dually wheels and tires so everyting seemed way too easy.
I already have a flatbed so no problems there and I already have a set of the factory front adapters. This should be easy right ??

Today I borrowed a couple of wheels and tires which would eventually end up bieng my inner wheels and "Houston we have a problem"

The stock Dodge dually wheels wont clear the brake drums.
I found a post on Comp D that said that the Eagle 058's will clear.

Anybody know for sure ?

I was already planning on putting a small spacer in between the wheels to run larger tires so the stock lugs will be holding the spacer and the inner wheel.

1. Will the alum wheels run as inners clear the brake drums ?
2. Will the lugs be long enough to hold the thicker wheel and spacer on ?

Truck is a 98 Quadcab 12v and the axle is a SRW Dana 80.

Thoughts ??? :bang

Last edited:
I tried to run 285 MT on factory 16" drw's and couldn't ever get the lug nuts tight, the lugnuts kept loosening up. Don't know what size tire your planning on running but the factory studs don't look like they are long enough for much over like a 1/4" spacer.

I ended up getting a 2" Billet spacer to put between the tires...BTW its on a Dana 80 DRW axlehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Dodge-Dually-8-lug-BILLET-WHEEL-SPACERS-ADAPTERS-MACHINED-/110788961504?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19cb8964e0&vxp=mtr

Back