Dumb Intake Idea...

kuntryboy369

"That Guy"
I picked up some 6" sillicon/fiberglass exhaust duct (like this... http://www.hosecraftusa.com/model/FD1_Fiberglas_Silicone_Coated_Duct_Hose)

im thinking about getting an air filter with a 6" base, and 4" (or smaller) top. clamping the filter to the charger. clamp the exhaust duct to the base of the filter. then running the other end to the bumper (making a kind of ram air).

clear as mud??

questions...

Would i have enough volume to feed the engine? (especialy with the duct that close to the filter).

Would the filter be large enough to flow what i need?

Any Question, Comments, Concerns, or Ideas??

you'd be limiting yourself wiht the duct over the filter, imo. either make a box or do what I did (see thread a few down in this section)

If I didnt ahve that ED wastegate I would have bought AIRAID's new setup... biggest intake tube and filter i've seen for an aftermarket kit (6" flange filter, 5" tube)

300-269-LG.jpg

300-269-Installed.jpg

from their website

Looks sweet!! I wasnt wanting to spend $$$$ on an aftermarket intake. i kinda want to try a ram air set up.

It's still going to be pricey by the time you are finished, I was about $160-something into my setup

that will be perfect for me. my inlet is 5.5 inchs and i can go with that forsure

I'm tryin to figure out that piece of enjinuity?? myself. Some Kinda water pump?

Last edited:
Back