Duramax driveshaft

kleann

VP44 pwr
I need to upgrade my stock aluminum driveshaft. The truck is a daily driver, but will be used a few times a year for local sled pulls and drag races. It has about 750hp and is a 2003 extended cab longbed chassis. The local shop does not want to make me a steel 4" x 0.120" driveshaft because it can cause premature wear in the t-case bearing. Is there any chance of an aluminum driveshaft holding 750-800hp sled pulling? If so, what dimension pipe would work? Or is there any place that has these on the shelf?

I had a single piece 5" .125 wall aluminum shaft made for my crew cab long bed dodge. I upgraded to 1480 u-joints as well and was told that it would be fine for pulling and racing. Seems like others on here have said that aluminum shafts this size can handle 1k hp plus easily.

check with the guys at Dirty Hooker Diesel... They are very knowledgeable on Duramax driveshafts for performance and pulling applications!!!

I have a steel drive shaft I just pulled out of my puller to swap to open rear. Steel and has pulled a couple seasons of 2.6 with no issues. Would sell it if interested.

Back