Duramax Tuner quoted me $10k to do twins, tranny and tuning

Dont get me wrong, im not against compounds, and truthfully ide like an S475 over stock on my 06 over a single because i regularly haul 14.5k or so and occasionally drag around 15-20k pounds and i think the torque and keeping the stock VVT and turbo brake would be the cats meow.

Im just kind of pointing out that i think the OP can do what he wants without going through the expense of compounds. 600 horse on the street is border line useless in 2wd. Even my LB7 which is just a max effort tune can get cary in the rain if your not careful.

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong, im not against compounds, and truthfully ide like an S475 over stock on my 06 over a single because i regularly haul 14.5k or so and occasionally drag around 15-20k pounds and i think the torque and keeping the stock VVT and turbo brake would be the cats meow.

Im just kind of pointing out that i think the OP can do what he wants without going through the expense of compounds. 600 horse on the street is border line useless in 2wd. Even my LB7 which is just a max effort tune can get cary in the rain if your not careful.

I'm 2wd and it's a blast when this s472 lights with a 3100uS tune. But it's far from useless. Just takes a trained foot

Hey everybody,
I wanted to give you all a update. I am going to slip clutch in Rye, New Hampshire. Dylan and myself have talked a lot over the last week and made a decision to focus on my engine. I had plans to put a 7" lift with fox shocks all the way around and that is why I was being a little stingy with other aspects of the truck. Talking to Dylan and a few others it apears the weak link in my engine is the pistons and rods. So Dylan is putting in a set of billet rods and a set of Mahle cut and coated pistons. I'm also having him install a hot street / tow cam from so cal. With all this our hp goal for the truck is going to be around 750 but its just gunna be a throw er up on the dyno and see what it will do type of deal. I'm going for compounds. Dylan is building them for me, going to s400 based over stock. So the lift is now out of the question. I'm going to put a kryptonite front end in the truck everything else now is engine and tranny. Thanks everyone for you sugestions.

I'd get the truck tuned by someone else if it were my $$$. Nick is a really nice guy and has tuned some strong running trucks, but he couldn't get mine to ever run right. It drove like chit and bucked wildly at WOT...the dyno curve was hilarious. He tried about 10 times to tune it correctly and finally gave up on it with no offer for a refund. Said it was something with my truck (my problem).

I sent IdahoRob a datalog and he had it straightened out in an hour. Just sayin'...

Hey everybody,
I wanted to give you all a update. I am going to slip clutch in Rye, New Hampshire. Dylan and myself have talked a lot over the last week and made a decision to focus on my engine. I had plans to put a 7" lift with fox shocks all the way around and that is why I was being a little stingy with other aspects of the truck. Talking to Dylan and a few others it apears the weak link in my engine is the pistons and rods. So Dylan is putting in a set of billet rods and a set of Mahle cut and coated pistons. I'm also having him install a hot street / tow cam from so cal. With all this our hp goal for the truck is going to be around 750 but its just gunna be a throw er up on the dyno and see what it will do type of deal. I'm going for compounds. Dylan is building them for me, going to s400 based over stock. So the lift is now out of the question. I'm going to put a kryptonite front end in the truck everything else now is engine and tranny. Thanks everyone for you sugestions.
ditch the stock turbo man. you have a built bottom end for gods sake lol. S366 over an S483 :rockwoot:

ditch the stock turbo man. you have a built bottom end for gods sake lol. S366 over an S483 :rockwoot:

Dylan and I where going back and forth about this this morning, as far as turbos go it is still undecided. It does look like we may be leaning towards the s366 in the vally. There is a lot more going into my engine then I listed above I just wanted to give you all an idea. It should be a fun, reliable, cool running dd when it's all said and done.

I'd get the truck tuned by someone else if it were my $$$. Nick is a really nice guy and has tuned some strong running trucks, but he couldn't get mine to ever run right. It drove like chit and bucked wildly at WOT...the dyno curve was hilarious. He tried about 10 times to tune it correctly and finally gave up on it with no offer for a refund. Said it was something with my truck (my problem).

I sent IdahoRob a datalog and he had it straightened out in an hour. Just sayin'...

If you are referring to nick out at dmax tuner that is not were my tuning is coming from. It is getting tuned on the dyno at slipclutch. The plan is to have it sit around 400 for daily driving, probly less then that for towing and then a really wild hot tune in the naibor hood of 750/800 with reasonable egt's all day long .:Cheer:

If you are referring to nick out at dmax tuner that is not were my tuning is coming from. It is getting tuned on the dyno at slipclutch. The plan is to have it sit around 400 for daily driving, probly less then that for towing and then a really wild hot tune in the naibor hood of 750/800 with reasonable egt's all day long .:Cheer:

Good luck man, Dylan does good work and from what i have seen his attention to detail is excellent. I think you'll be very happy with his work. If i had realized he was working on other peoples trucks i would have definitely recommended him.

4094 over a 483 got us 900+ and we tow around 550-600 tune, maybe higher

in a crew cab short bed i did 3 runs @ 11.92-11.96 and a 12.2ish with a passenger, then towed our race truck in an enclosed trailer

My experience as well, and all out tune on my s366 dual fueled lly netted 374 hp. Said my turbo just won't make power on a duramax wasn't his problem. But fleece tune made 600.

My experience as well, and all out tune on my s366 dual fueled lly netted 374 hp. Said my turbo just won't make power on a duramax wasn't his problem. But fleece tune made 600.

That sucks. Having said that, sometimes **** just happens and unfortunately when you are in business, your going to have oh chits and dis satisfied customers. Whether the few naysayers or folks who had a negative experience like it or not, Duramax Tuner does have a good reputation and is still towards the top of the food chain when it comes to tuners.

That sucks. Having said that, sometimes **** just happens and unfortunately when you are in business, your going to have oh chits and dis satisfied customers. Whether the few naysayers or folks who had a negative experience like it or not, Duramax Tuner does have a good reputation and is still towards the top of the food chain when it comes to tuners.

Why don't you ask the guys who bought his rods how good his reputation is?

Back