Duramax wiring harness. Who makes one?

Turbo Performance

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I'm curious who makes a Duramax wiring harness for stuffing the engine into something else without having a donor truck with all the TPS and stuff like that.

in diesel power they used the marine one in that white chevy they did.

Joe

Cool, yeah I've been looking at buying a Dmax/Allison combo complete, but I didn't know if I would be able to wire up the TPS and the other sensors without having the throttle pedal assembly and other things from the truck it came from.

Cool I didn't know that was a Marine Harness they used it's a sweet truck though. I'm sure painless will start making them as much people want to do transplants.

Cool I didn't know that was a Marine Harness they used it's a sweet truck though. I'm sure painless will start making them as much people want to do transplants.

That's exactly what I thought, go to painless, but they didn't show anything other than what appeared to be a couple pressure boxes for the LB7 engine. :bang

I just got on PPE's site, says basically connect to power, ground, and engine sensors etc and you're good to go. No price though, just shows it as $0.00 when you put it in the shopping cart and go to checkout. Maybe it's a call only deal?? :what:

Sounds like it his Wife is on here I think But shoot them a call or email .

Sounds like it his Wife is on here I think But shoot them a call or email .

I'm not sure I wanna know the price. :hehe:
I'll give them a shout tomorrow see if they can tell me if they want my arm, my leg or both. I'm betting both for some reason. :bang

Yeah I remember my buddy called in when Diesel Powe Mag showed the stroker kit. He called in and when they called back I thought his jaw hit the floor. He hangs up the phone 10 F****N Grand what the F***

PPE told me they can modify my harness that I send them... or they could supply a harness if I don't have one or don't want to hack mine up.

I'm pretty sure that regardless of what you do, you're gonna need the throttle pedal assembly.

c-ya

PPE told me they can modify my harness that I send them... or they could supply a harness if I don't have one or don't want to hack mine up.

I'm pretty sure that regardless of what you do, you're gonna need the throttle pedal assembly.

c-ya

Well I plan on calling them this afternoon, but judging from the website they make it sound like you don't need much more than an engine, power, and ground. I think the Throttle assembly is basically just a potentiometer so there is a possibility I could wire it up without the trucks' specific assembly there.

Could you post up the price so others know. I am curious how much they charge to modify your existing harness and how much they will sell you an already modded harness.

Sure thing Randy, I tried to call earlier but couldn't get anyone on the line. I'll try again later this afternoon.

Price

So I got someone on the line. To modify a harness you send in for stand alone it's $1200 with trans harness. Without trans harness it's $800. He said you would also still need the throttle pedal assembly with the stand alone harness.

Yep, that's the one. Still gotta be a similar setup if not from PPE.

On dieselplace there is a gentleman trying to sell an lbz with a harness that's already been modded by PPE.

I emailed the guy on EBAY and he said he simply reverse engineered GM's harness to work as a stand alone. This is the same thing PPE does from what they told me. I've looked at the factory manuals for an 02 and it looks pretty straight forward to do the re-wire. The good part is that most of the DMAX harness is already stand-alone with just a few connections to the truck. The BIG hurdle is the PASSLOCK and BCM. The PPE XCELLERATOR and EFILIVE both can program this out, but you MUST hook in an OBDII port to do so. Or you could send your ECM to an EFILIVE programmer to have the BCM and PASSLOCK overridden. This will allow the ECM and TCM work together, but won't allow the transfer case module to work as it hooks into the BCM.

I've been doing ALOT of homework on this subject as I have decided to deep six my 6.5 and go with a DMAX in my SUB. Just looking for a good donor at the moment as I want to go with a LB7, prefferably an 01-02 as they are MUCH simpler to wire in and don't have any of the DIC to worry about.

Back