DV questions

drdiesel12v

Dr. Diesel Performance
In my truck in my sig, i have extremely high egts, around 1800-1900* at wot. i have been told to put different delivery valves in and tune my afc and such.

that is all well and good, but nobody explained how to set it up...

I have been told 024" delivery valves. I have a set of 193 valves and im not sure how they stack up to 191's...

I already cracked my head from the egts, so i wanna try and preserve it more...

Anyone with some info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ooutside of twins and some serious head/cam work I'd get used to high wot EGTs. They and power in a single turbo stock head/cam 12v go hand in hand.

what is weird here is the same exact setup on my 96, both 180 pumps, and it was about 1400* WOT and it cleared up with less timing.

on my 97 i have a .020 headgasket and torqued over stock headbolts pusing 55 psi of boost. on my 96 i was making same boost, but with a .020 gasket and .010 taken off head. that is the only difference in them.

I also did some mild exhaust port work on the 97 head before i put it on thinking it would help.

Confusing, hence the reason im p-pumping a 24v and dropping it in. i just wanted a little more driveability with a touch less smoke.

thanks

what is weird here is the same exact setup on my 96, both 180 pumps, and it was about 1400* WOT and it cleared up with less timing.

on my 97 i have a .020 headgasket and torqued over stock headbolts pusing 55 psi of boost. on my 96 i was making same boost, but with a .020 gasket and .010 taken off head. that is the only difference in them.

I also did some mild exhaust port work on the 97 head before i put it on thinking it would help.

Confusing, hence the reason im p-pumping a 24v and dropping it in. i just wanted a little more driveability with a touch less smoke.

thanks

You're the Dr. what's your diagnosis and remedy for the problem.

Lazer cuts or full cuts remove the shoulder from the DV. That shoulder helps stops the injection cycle, you need that shoulder to dropping your egts.

Why your other truck is not performing the same, the two pumps may not be identical .

Back