dv's

smokeisfun

still learnin
hi, i have a pump off a pickup that caught fire, and i couldnt find any #'s on it...the guy i got it from didnt really know much about it, but my question is, i pulled the dv's out of it and was going to put them in my 98' but when i was comparing the ones out of my 98 to the others they were quite a bit different. My 98's were "bigger" around and was machined flat on the bottom where the other ones werent...does anyone know if they would still be interchangable....i would say these stock ones would fit in the pump, but i dont know if they would seal...or what

thanks

hi, i have a pump off a pickup that caught fire, and i couldnt find any #'s on it...the guy i got it from didnt really know much about it, but my question is, i pulled the dv's out of it and was going to put them in my 98' but when i was comparing the ones out of my 98 to the others they were quite a bit different. My 98's were "bigger" around and was machined flat on the bottom where the other ones werent...does anyone know if they would still be interchangable....i would say these stock ones would fit in the pump, but i dont know if they would seal...or what

thanks

Can you get pics of your stock delivery valve next to the ones in question? If the pump really actually came off a 94-98 dodge ram than the delivery valves shouldn't be different diameter, maybe a different style but not different diameter.

the base looks like the same dia. but they taper some to the top where the 98 ones dont, so yes...i guess i would say they are a different style but that what i was wondering if i had to use the exact same style of dv's

the base looks like the same dia. but they taper some to the top where the 98 ones dont, so yes...i guess i would say they are a different style but that what i was wondering if i had to use the exact same style of dv's

Are you talking about the flute bottom (the cross looking piece). Some of them do in fact taper, nothing to worry about.

Sounds like he's refering to the holder; 181 style vers like a 131 style. Yes they will interchange fine

holdersanddvs.jpg

ok thanks man
i dont really see a diff in the holders between 131s, .022(maybe?), and the full cuts. is there something diff in them that the pic doesnt show?

Back