Dynamat alternative?

Just saw this stuff the other day
Murdermat
Looks like a pretty good product may be buying some for the cab

Will just one layer of this mat be sufficient to cancel noise? Can you put this behind tje door panels and headliner? I'm looking to do this in my mega cab. I hate hearing my tires on pavement and rocks when I go down gravel roads. C

A weighted dampener won't absorb outside noise, it just changes the natural frequency of the sheet metal. You need both a weighted dampener and a foam. I used secondskin and liked the products.

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/

Tobin

I used audiowrap on one and hush mat on another.
The first was less expensive, comes in a roll and has real sharp foil top layer. Easy to lay it down.
The second, pricey, comes in lots of strips and easy to install also.

A weighted dampener won't absorb outside noise, it just changes the natural frequency of the sheet metal. You need both a weighted dampener and a foam. I used secondskin and liked the products.

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/

Tobin

I was just about to post this... Its what I'll probably use on the dually due to the research the guy put in to create the products

The person to ask is Rich. (unbroken)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

There are a few decent companies out there.

For price to performance Audio Technix is the best bang for the buck. Murdermat is decent as well.

Secondskin is not even owned by the guy who got it all going. And he (original owner) is a dick on many levels.

B-Quiet is an asphalt based deadener and it will dry out and lose it's ability to reduce vibrations. You want a butyl based deadener.

In order for it to work, it needs a constraining layer (foil) and the butyl. The foil trys to stay rigid, and the butyl shakes with the resonating panel, creating heat instead.

Deadener as stated only reduces vibrations, and does naturally block some sound.

In order to block sound you need closed cell foam ccf and mlv or mass loaded vinyl. Foam in itself does little to block noise, as the wavelengths are so long they pass right through the foam because of low density. The foam is used as a decoupler for the mlv to the deadener. The mlv is heavy at 1 lb/sq ft or even 2 lb per sq/ft. This is the barrier that blocks sound. But it must be decoupled from the deadener so it does not resonate either.

My setup mirrors Chemmins advice. Purchases from soundeadenershowdown

Tried e-mailing him and I didn't get a reply. That's why I went with fatmat. eventually I think I'll buy some stuff from him for my doors eventually.

Go to a roofing supply store a 36" roll by 50' is $40, its used to mate trailer roofs together

Back