Dynamat and Heat Soak?

ARbowhunter7

Opulence...I Has It.
Ok, looking for something good looking/sound killing to line my engine bay and underhood area. Was thinking about that Dynamat that's made for underhood applications, but then I started reading about heat soak (which they say would occur if the Dynamat were in place) negatively affecting the engine? Is this legit?

And if so, what can you line the compartment with that won't hurt performance?

Most any sound insulation is going to be heat insulation as well. You could put strips of dynamat in between the inner and outer fenders and it'd help some.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I have dynamat on the engine side of my hood, and it helps some. I think I'll add another layer. I also have about 3 or 4 on my firewall without any negative results

I have dynamat on the engine side of my hood, and it helps some. I think I'll add another layer. I also have about 3 or 4 on my firewall without any negative results

That's on a 12v, right? If so, how much (overall) did it help with noise?

That's good to hear. If you get a chance and it crosses your mind, I'd like to see a pic of exactly how you did yours.

I've already done my cab with cld tiles, ccf, and mlv from SoundDeadenerShowdown.com but this thing still is annoying to be in all day.

I did my roof, floor, back wall under the rear window, inside of the doors, and outside of the doors with multiple layers of Dynamat. Every little bit helps

Back