dyno during winter

dieselsmoker

tryin to be original!!!
just curious on everyone's thoughts about how much winterblend fuel would effect power and dyno numbers. I've raced alot of trucks n my experience is that they run better during the warm part of the year. so what kind of effect is the air playing during these cold months. thanks.

I would assume cooler air would give better numbers. Might not be a huge increase but an increase all the same. Just like a water meth kit cools down the air, I would assume same principal.

just curious on everyone's thoughts about how much winterblend fuel would effect power and dyno numbers. I've raced alot of trucks n my experience is that they run better during the warm part of the year. so what kind of effect is the air playing during these cold months. thanks.

Dodge tuning. I've noticed this even with my Edge Juice years ago. When it was colder then 45 degrees boost would max out at 40psi. as soon as it was 46-47+ boost would suddenly be 45psi. (I don't recall the exact numbers). This was with the stock turbo, stock injectors, stock-other stuff.

Over all it was slower in the colder months. No doubt today EFI tuners can fix that..

Either way the cooler air will produce more power, considerably. Overfueled it will make no difference, if your scratching for fuel then I could see it making a difference.
Pretty often you see on here guys pulling there best times in cooler conditions, not so cool that your loosing hook.

Back