Dyno help needed

super duty04

I put my truck on the Dyno today with the new setup and made a whopping 450/750. Current setup is 12valve with maxed out north east 180 pump, s466, contagious diesel 5x18 and full cut dv's maintaining 55psi fuel pressure with a aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. My old setup was 215 pump 5x18 injectors from jl machine and a s366 with full cut dv's and fuel pressure dropping to 20psi and made 555/1120. What am I doing wrong?? Is there too much fuel? I am very disappointed and stumped. Seat of the pants it runs a lot better with current setup than compared to old setup. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like the power was made way late in the run and it never really got going.

Couple of questions.....
-Was the truck ran on the same dyno where you made the previous numbers?
-Did you happen to look at the weather conditions from both run files and compare them?
-Where did the s366 make its power at during the run compared to the much larger s466?.

One thing that is well known is 12v motors do not like big singles on a dyno unless its a load cell that can get it lit early enough to show numbers.Anytime power is made late in the run Tq numbers will suffer greatly.

A post of the dyno sheet would allow you to get some better help.

Went back to the Dyno today and still no luck. This is the only Dyno I've ever been on. I got a video today hopefully the video will load up. I even tried to load it with the brakes a little bit.

C5104C20-E013-466C-AF31-B38EC0CC1877-7917-000009050E9DEC23.mp4

Definitely looks like a load issue, that dyno run is so short and quick it looks like either a weak load dyno, or you have a 1200+ HP truck. Did you guys dyno in overdrive or direct drive?

You can get more load on the motor making the dyno run in overdrive.

I ran it in direct drive first and made 412/650 when I tried od is when it made the 452/780. Last spring with the same turbo, pump, timing, jl machine 5x18 and 2 of them were on there way out it made 521/1180. I upgraded to a set of contagious 5x18s, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, 3 piece manifold, and switched from a t6 turbo housing to a t4 and lost hp and torque. The truck feels stronger than ever before. I did also change to a 4:88 gear could this have something to do with it?

How's the boost on the dyno as compared to the street?

I am hoping that you didn't think just by swapping parts out you would make a huge gain in power without any tuning?.12v's will humble you like that.

I am hoping that you didn't think just by swapping parts out you would make a huge gain in power without any tuning?.12v's will humble you like that.

No i never once though that. I have tuned it to seat of the pants it runs better than it ever has. I know that you cant just throw parts at them without tuning.

Back