Dyno my rat rod today.

600 rwhp is killer... That's a number I'd love to have in this rig... Down right scary! What fass system?

I just have a Raptor 100 that's spliced into the stock fuel lines and feeds the stock lift pump on the engine. I picked up 35rwhp on the dyno with just the lift pump change.

No fuel plate... This wk I'm doing adjustable ofv, and fass 150... Then after next wkend end I'm putting my 475 (BW 75/96/1.32) along with afe exhaust manifold. I'm guessing 650 rwhp

Those numbers aren't that bad in my opinion. You still have a lot of room for improvement with various changes. 160 pumps like lots of fuel pressure. You lost a good bit of peak power dropping down to 10 psi. 160 pumps don't have a lot of fill time with their cam profile so low feed pressure really shows with your pump.

My truck is pretty quick with my compound setup. I can't imagine how insane it would feel with half the weight to move down the road. I'm pretty sure your plans will keep you entertained for a while.

You have a bit more left in that pump I'm sure. Buddy picked up 30hp with a rack plug alone.

I have plug installed... I look fwd to putting in the fass and the ofv this wk.

I'll bet your peak power occured right around or just before pressure dropped to 10 psi, then pressure recovered because you likely were in the 3k+ rpm range where the poor fill time resulted in less fuel consumption/demand by the injection pump and it recovered a little psi. I'll bet with 50+ psi lift pump pressure and 30 degrees of timing, you'd exceed 500 HP with no other changes.

I'll bet your peak power occured right around or just before pressure dropped to 10 psi, then pressure recovered because you likely were in the 3k+ rpm range where the poor fill time resulted in less fuel consumption/demand by the injection pump and it recovered a little psi. I'll bet with 50+ psi lift pump pressure and 30 degrees of timing, you'd exceed 500 HP with no other changes.

Just asking, but wouldn't he be way out of the bowl at 30 deg?

My timing is at 26... I couldn't get a fass so I bought airdog which will be here tomorrow.

Right on. Keep the pics coming. That's a neat project.

Your rat rod looks slightly different than most… and I dig it.

Last edited:
Back