Dyno Question

apocalypse1812

Nailed It!
I have a few questions about Dyno-ing my '96 12 valve (Man Trans):

-On dyno's that allow you to Run/Operate your own truck, Is there some particular way to run it once they start sampling?

-In a Manual trans truck, for instance what RPM should one start at before you them start sampling?

-I've been to 3 different Dynos, 2 ran your truck for you, and one Allowed you to run your own truck. I wasnt able to watch the display so I dont know what RPM they started at before the sample was taken

-I might have more questions as this thread progresses.

i didnt get to run either of my trucks but when i had my 12v done i had them start at 1750rpm, then the next run start at 1500, then the third a little lower. thats when they loaded the dyno and the run started 5 seconds later when they released the brake.

Garrett

Roll on the pedal slowly and smoothly, don't just stomp it. They will usually tell you what they want you to do and when.

Usually you wont be making peak power below 1800rpm so there isn't much of a reason to run it below that. When I've been at dyno events they usually start around 50-60mph for most trucks. Just try to be consistent with your truck so future runs will be more comparable.

$.02

Roll on the pedal slowly and smoothly, don't just stomp it. They will usually tell you what they want you to do and when.

Usually you wont be making peak power below 1800rpm so there isn't much of a reason to run it below that. When I've been at dyno events they usually start around 50-60mph for most trucks. Just try to be consistent with your truck so future runs will be more comparable.

$.02

i had them run my lower to make sure i had the 18.5cm housing spooled up for my power peak around 2000.

Garrett

I'm running a 66/71/14, 191's, 4gsk, 5X.018's, .093 lines, 50psi Air Dog, and stock timing, :bang

i usually get the operator to start sampling at 1700..

i wont let anyone run my truck for me, ever. but the times i have run, i got up to 60mph and then they started loading it, i pull in 4th gear so i dont put too much of a load on 5th and blow it out

I JUST got my barring tool and timing kit, so tomorrow the truck will be getting a valve adjustment, and the timing will be getting done. Do I have any other suggestions? I'm thinking 20 will be about right...

i usually get the operator to start sampling at 1700..

Hey brandon...
I agree... the sooner you can get the charger lit and the operator to start taking readings............... the more torque you are going to make.
And your horsepower depends on how much torque you make at a certain rpm.

Lance

P.S. wtf you been up tooo?? havent seen you in a WHILE

Hey brandon...
I agree... the sooner you can get the charger lit and the operator to start taking readings............... the more torque you are going to make.
And your horsepower depends on how much torque you make at a certain rpm.

Lance

P.S. wtf you been up tooo?? havent seen you in a WHILE

not too much man, just been workin a lot lately, lol... how bout you??

since the buda dyno didnt happen this year, ive just been taking my time putting my truck back together. so hopefully at the next dyno, ill be able to get some good numbers!

Back