Dyno Results...Opinions?

ARbowhunter7

Opulence...I Has It.
I ran my work truck again today, and am a little confused (bear with me, as I'm trying to find the printout to upload). It did 622/1186, but makes all the power over 3500 rpm, which verifies what I feel when driving. The curve looks like a nice 450hp truck until 3500, then skyrockets to 600+ and stays fairly steady until 5k. The charger is lit by 2100, but I can't get the powerband down to a useable rpm. Fuel pressure never drops below 40 psi.

1998 12v, NV4500, 4.10, 35's
Weston's 5x14's & 100cc+ DV's
Benched, Dual-Fed 215 pump at 550cc w/ Haisley 5k
66/74/14
Pulls made in 4th, for 1:1.

Anybody have an idea where to start? I'm at a loss.

Last edited:
Don't know about your problem but your numbers give me high hopes for my setup with bigger injectors! Nice numbers.

Where is your timing? I'm thinking alot of it has to do with dynoing in 1:1 as most dyno via OD.

Does that pump have the retard notches in the plungers? Wondering if its leaning it out on top.

Does that pump have the retard notches in the plungers? Wondering if its leaning it out on top.

It does have the retard notches, but that never crossed my mind. I appreciate the suggestion; let me do some poking around and I'll report back. Thanks.

Dyno in OD. Loads the engine better and allows the charger time to come up.

Back