Dyno Results

Limited

Slow N' Quiet
I was wondering if any of you D-Max guys had dyno'ed your rigs. My buddy has a LB7 with a Six-Gun/PDA, 5-inch, intake, and big-head actuator. I'm just curious what that thing actually makes for power so has anyone dyno-ed a similar rig?

A stock LB7 will usually dyno at about 24x. I believe banks uses rear wheel #'s to advertise so just add them together. If banks is using estimated flywheel #'s then subtract 20% and add them together.

I've had mine dyno'd but i don't agree with the results:
291hp, 439lbft:umno: (Edge Juice w/ Att., modded intake, straight piped)
I don't see how those numbers can move 6800lbs throught the 8th in 8.90 @76 mph:bang

There are a ton of variables. It's tough to compare dyno runs...My truck usually dyno's around 47x HP. Except on one certain portable dyno...399HP

who cares how much 'power' you make on a dyno on a given day? it's just numbers really, and big numbers dont mean you can make it matter. a time slip proves you have power and you know how to drive. just my .02

Just curious. Its just annoying when my buddies claim to make x horsepower/torque, if you've never dyno'd then you just don't know. Yeah tracker your numbers seem a little low but hey you never make what you think you should!

duramax's dont generally put up good numbers on the dyno because the heads flow so well compared to PSD's or CTD's. I was talking about this with David Dunbar out in michigan and he pointed this out to me...makes perfect sense!! I would have never considered that being one of the reasons.

Mine dyno'd like 440 or something with the stock motor and BD turbo, and it trapped 107mph in the 1/4 mile weighing 7680 lbs. I have not run the new motor and turbo setup at the track yet, it dyno'd 549rwhp IIRC out in michigan.

ben

built motor (rods, cut pistons, head and main studs, stock heads stock cam), nathan wright's (MPI) twin turbos, single stock CP3, stock injectors, engine built and tuned by myself. No secret squirrel stuff. :)

the engine might as well be 'stock', it just has parts in it that can survive high hp. (ie, it doesnt have a cam, ported heads, big injectors, or any of that stuff)

The only "performance enhancing" stuff on the truck is twin turbos, my custom tune, kennedy diesel lift pumps, built transmission, and an MBRP 4" dual exhaust.

ben

yeah it seems 500hp is pretty easy with the d-max, kinda what i was wondering. anyway my buddies that i was talking about at first seems like a mild setup, 350hp maybe??? I think cumminstrokethi is pretty close but thats what i wanna know

Max hp 425. My numbers where on a portable dyno. Edge stacked with efi live ( Back in my dumbass days when i thought stacking was cool) made 352 hp an 1,000 foot pounds of torque thats was no spiking

Yeah the Edge was only hurting you if anything with that setup.

I haven't dyno my truck yet but with the EFI tuning and new SCIV 1057 I hope to make around 500 rwhp.

My friend had a milder tune and same trans with 1056 he dynoed 444 on Dez's dyno in Seekonk MA at one of his "diesel" days.

Cool, yeah some guys have said that its hard to get much over 400hp with stock tranny without limping it, just wondered if anyone had gotten more than that.

I have a six gun/speed loader and duynoed on a mustang dyno. 410/802. stock intake 4inch exhaust straight pipe. Pretty common range for a six gun speedloader combo.

when I had the banks six gun, it dynod at 415hp.
when I stacked the ts mp-8 with it it made 450hp.

man, that was along time ago!!

I ran 6 gun with speed loader, banks wastegate, mac intake, straight piped stock exhaust, stock trans on 265/75/16 tires - 301/760. Same setup with suncoast converter showed 310/790...
PPE hot +2, stock charger,285/75 tires, mbrp 5" with muffler made 409/883...added a pureflow 150 LP with ppe fuel pickup made 431/901...this was on a mustang 2 chassis dyno, seems to hook pretty accurate numbers...waiting till may for our next dyno day, i'll let u know what it makes now - much different setup now but i dont want to shame too many PS guys till then

Back