Dyno Run- Twin'd VP Truck

Without. I only gave it a shot once last night messing around and it kinda scared me that something was gonna break. It runs a lot harder now then it did with the bottle. Couldn't get on the dyno today but hopefully next week sometime I'll be able to run.

Without. I only gave it a shot once last night messing around and it kinda scared me that something was gonna break. It runs a lot harder now then it did with the bottle. Couldn't get on the dyno today but hopefully next week sometime I'll be able to run.

Ya keep us updated for sure, If its that big of a difference ill get one

Yeah I am hopefully gonna run friday afternoon if not sooner. I like the setup better already. Pulled my trailer today and it just keeps pulling better and better!

Well ran today. pulled 591 and 1275 with a smaller shot. The bigger shot almost was too much. Hope to get my other external gate all on and test again next week but it did gain almost 20hp by switching pumps. Going to try and make it to the West Coast Nationals and run on Jefferson States dyno

Well ran today. pulled 591 and 1275 with a smaller shot. The bigger shot almost was too much. Hope to get my other external gate all on and test again next week but it did gain almost 20hp by switching pumps. Going to try and make it to the West Coast Nationals and run on Jefferson States dyno

How did the graph look, meaning did it keep pulling ? Good numbers

It kept pulling a bit better but I had to load my Smarty to get the best results and add some timing to get it up there. When I got the pump the timing key wasn't there and I used my old key. I am gonna order the key and see if that helps cause it was always better with my Smarty before. I ran 6x5 on my Edge but with the Smarty my Edge doesn't like level 6 so I had to run 5X5 and she de-fuels at 2800. Hopefully friday I'll see what the timing key will change and see if the new dual wastegate system helps out any.

DSC01041.jpg
[/IMG]

I ran the Smarty on level 8 and added 2 for timing even with my Edge on 5x5. The guy at Oregon Fuel Injection said that having that wrong key in there can make it low on power. It felt better by driving it but still wasn't much on the dyno. That was with a little .055 Jet of NOS, nothing huge but enough to help. I am gonna double check my wire tap and see if it might have a bad connection too. I don't know whats going on with it. I figured 700+ with the bottle

Turn the Smarty down. The higher numbers are horrible. They make you feel like they are stronger because they bring the fuel in quicker on the pedal but the higher the number the bigger the dead spot on the back side of the pedal. If you must run the catcher software run it at level 4. That'll give you a better curve but with the revo you can adjust for that. Really, if you're going to run the Edge, run the Smarty on 2 with your torque on 6 and your timing and duration on 0. The Smarty for these VP's are not like the ones for the CR. These run better on lower settings, especially on a dyno when looking for a higher peak number. The kicker is with the revo, you can still program your bottom end back in for street/strip driving. Of course, like you said, the correct key needs to be put in first.

I don't know how many times now that I've told people to turn the Smarty down to get more power. I gained 27 hp going from level 4 to level 2 when playing on a dyno with everything. Not surprisingly so did everyone else. Just a suggestion, though. Do what you wish with it. Just my $.02.

Huh. Before I normally ran the Smarty totally off with just my Edge so I could run the HOT setting level 6. I'll have to try that when I get back on

Yeah. Well I just got back from a test drive with the correct timing key. What a difference! The .030 and the .041 keys were totally opposite the way that they were cut. The truck actually has some timing and fuels a lot harder. SMOKE I did what you said and it freakin rips now!! Thanks for the input. I have messed with a ton of different setting and never found one as good as that. I pulls like crazy and spools instantly now.

You're welcome. Now lets see some new numbers. Do a run for me with fuel only please. Just curiuos.

Will do. I am gonna try and get back on Friday afternoon hopefully and what happens

Back