dyno'd the SSR

24VChevy

Ram-Bow
Okay guys got a chance to test out the SSR on the dyno for a few hours. First couple of pulls was with the old TNT-R program to get a base line.

All testing was done in 3rd gear and locked convertor. Started the pulls at 1600 rpm and test window was from 1800-4000 rpm.

The truck made a consistant 640 hp. Single turbo and no spray on the tnt program that I have been running at the track.

My truck is set up to us spray so not looking for big numbers here. If I spray I make alot more HP. If I dyno in 4th I will make 800+ on the single no spray.

Loaded in the SSR and left it in default settings as it comes out of the box.
Truck made 680 hp same testing.

The first thing I noticed was a much flatter hp curve on the dyno. I started to play with the LL settings first leaving the HH settings the way Marco had them. I was able to cut out alot of my heavy smoke down low. Duration had a big effect on the smoke, adding timing helped with the HP down low.

I cant do a lot of pulls on the dyno due to my limited cooling system. So I will be doing further testing and tuning as time permits.

Taking the truck to the race track this weekend will see how my 60fts do.

I did one 4th gear pull and came close to 870 hp.

Smarty is the only electronics for HP on the truck i.e. no tst or mp8.

truck is a 2003 cr motor base.

This SSR is a awsome tool, lots of adjustability without buying a laptop!

Great work Marco and Thanks Bob!

Malcolm

thanks for taking the time to do a write up ! sounds like a blast to drive !

why does your truck make 800+ in 4th as compared to 3rd which is 1-1? load the truck incorectly? numbers look good though

I have found that most dyno's that run diesels will dyno much higher in o/d than direct, o/d puts more load on the engine and will allow the torque to build better.

I should have mentioned that I was having a traction issue also, the tires were smoking quite a bit in o/d.

Malcolm

PS more testing to come this week, will post some of the graphs when i get a chance.

saw your truck at mission looks good with the stacks good luck on the tunning ,
shane

Back