Dyno'd Twin Setup... He341/GT4294

phatboy07

Dyno'd my new twin setup, did 454hp/890tq. I was a lil disappointed with my numbers.

Heres my setup....

FUEL: No plate, 4gsk, stock 181s, stock LP, 5x14s, 22*

I need to test my fuel pressure. I think thats whats killing my numbers. I also only see 55psi of boost on the street, i didnt remember to read what it was on the dyno.

Advice on setup changes???

Smaller Towing Twin Turbo 12 valve dyno - YouTube

You made what I think you would make if asked. You really don't have a bunch of fuel. Full cuts or "Comp" DV"s and set the afc right and you would be near 500....

Thx guys... Plans right now are too add a pusher pump and some 024's. maybe ill break 500 then

He sent me it by email, i gotta figure out how to open it via dynojets web page

Have you sent your pump in to have the fueling level increased? Without doing that, you shouldn't waste your time playing with it. The stock lift pump will easily make over 700hp
and by the time you add more supply to the pump and dv's you will have spent what it costs to have the pump maxed out. It is the single best performance mod you can do to a 12V and costs very little.

Last edited:
I was at the same dyno day, same exact fueling setup except a single 64/71/14 at 40 psi and was down on HP but hit almost 1000 ft-lbs at 2100 rpm so I think it's time to turn up the top end fueling.

What about maxing out the barrels without balancing it? Some say yes some say no...

I was at the same dyno day, same exact fueling setup except a single 64/71/14 at 40 psi and was down on HP but hit almost 1000 ft-lbs at 2100 rpm so I think it's time to turn up the top end fueling.

What about maxing out the barrels without balancing it? Some say yes some say no...

Your hp numbers seemed off to me.... When i was running a 64/71 turbo. I put out 470hp/1015tq.

But i also dyno'd in 5th gear with my old 64/71, versus 4th gear this time with the twins. Also was on a different dyno and only had 18* timing

Have you sent your pump in to have the fueling level increased? Without doing that, you shouldn't waste your time playing with it. The stock lift pump will easily make over 700hp
and by the time you add more supply to the pump and dv's you will have spent what it costs to have the pump maxed out. It is the single best performance mod you can do to a 12V and costs very little.

this is true

had i done this to my old 96 i would have done way better than my 514/1096 with it.. and my mods were similar

35/14 with a cross drilled gate over S400 (rips twins)
5x.014s
191 dvs
non benched 215 and a 100 plate

right now my single cab with a 35 and a minimized fuel benched pump runs so much smoother than my lackluster tuning ever did on my old 96.. cant wait to really put some air and fuel in it and open the pump to see what it will do...

to the OP, why no plate?

No plate = Me Trying to sqeeze every drop of usable fuel out of my pump....

Definitely listen to Ron... For +/- $300, you can't beat it.

Ill agree having the pump benched is money well spent. I could only squeeze 550hp out of mine with a new factory lift pump and regulated return. Fuel pressure would drop to 7psi on the dyno. But I would have the pump benched before I spent the coin on a supply pump.

Agreed!

Definitely listen to Ron... For +/- $300, you can't beat it.

Seth @ DPE charges less than $300 and he's a supporting vendor here. I cannot tell enough people how thoroughly impressed I am with my 215 Pump Seth benched for me. I daily drive this truck with Haisley 5,000 RPM springs and you would NEVER know it by how smooth it runs/drives. :bow: :bow: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Diesel Performance Engineering
201 North 5th Street
Savannah, Mo 64485

877-FOR-FUEL aka 877-367-3835 (toll free)

Last edited:
Have you checked to see if your AFC is limiting your rack travel? I run pretty much identical fuel setup (timing at 18 degrees) with slightly larger turbos. I usually run around 60 psi with a pretty clean exhaust at full steam. That did 520 hp a year and a half ago.

How much smoke at WOT, or is it cleaned up?

Agreed!

Seth @ DPE charges less than $300 and he's a supporting vendor here. I cannot tell enough people how thoroughly impressed I am with my 215 Pump Seth benched for me. I daily drive this truck with Haisley 5,000 RPM springs and you would NEVER know it by how smooth it runs/drives. :bow: :bow: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Yup! Throw in shipping both ways and its ~ that.

He treated me well... Can't wait to fire her up! Needs more 2-4 more degrees timing eventually. Its timed @ 16*. Tag said 15 for some reason.

photo1-10-1.jpg

Back