Dynojet questions

I've been on some 224's, and they've never loaded my truck enough to see full boost. Jumped on a 248, and pegged the needle. A 224 would be accurate, as long as you see consistant boost numbers. You shouldn't have any problem spooling the 62 in your sig.

Much lighter drums on a 224 as was said above. Its hard to get a load with a light drum.

Thanks guys. I don't really care about doing high numbers, only trying to see how my fuel curve looks overall with the new setup. What is the best gear to dyno with my 5 speed? Will 1:1 be best numbers?

using the tallest gear will usually yield the best numbers as the engine will be loaded better.

using the tallest gear will usually yield the best numbers as the engine will be loaded better.

Thanks man. I just found out that the guy won't let us run them, he is doing the run for me. I'll post some results after Saturday.

If you can't run a tall gear on the run its not worth the money to dyno it. Now that's 2 things against your results #1 224 Jet and #2 you can't make a pull in high gear. That stinks

But you still want to load the truck. If it loads the truck it might show you making power up there. If it doesnt, it might not show hardly anything. Numbers are important when your looking for a power band.

But you still want to load the truck. If it loads the truck it might show you making power up there. If it doesnt, it might not show hardly anything. Numbers are important when your looking for a power band.

Good point. I guess I didn't look at it that way. I figured that even if the dyno only showed 300hp, that it would show atleast 100hp over 3500rpm & that would letme know that power is still there.:hehe:

Thanks guys. I don't really care about doing high numbers, only trying to see how my fuel curve looks overall with the new setup. What is the best gear to dyno with my 5 speed? Will 1:1 be best numbers?

I think a dyno is pretty much worthless if it can't replicate the load your truck sees on the street. Without a good load, you wont get an accurate picture of what your truck is capable of. The charger may spool late, giving you a false assesment of your torque curve. Also, on a 224, you'll resort to loading with the serivce brakes which can yield inconsistent numbers when looking at before an after graphs after components or settings have been changed.

I think a dyno is pretty much worthless if it can't replicate the load your truck sees on the street. Without a good load, you wont get an accurate picture of what your truck is capable of. The charger may spool late, giving you a false assesment of your torque curve. Also, on a 224, you'll resort to loading with the serivce brakes which can yield inconsistent numbers when looking at before an after graphs after components or settings have been changed.

Another good point.

Just run it, you will have fun and you will gain some insight as to the Adrenaline and Redline fueling. Definitely try to talk the guy into letting you run in 5th gear. Hey, if you hit 40+ psi boost, you are getting a good amount of load.

When I dynoed on a 248 HD, I only made 41 lbs or so whereas on the street, my truck would make more like 47psi. That dyno had the load cell feature as well. Basically they ran my truck up to 2200 rpm, turned on the load cell to pull the motor back down to 1600 rpm and when the turbo started to sing really well, they hit the off button on the load cell and start button on the data recorder while matting the throttle. My dyno curves were very smooth and uniform. I dyno'd in 4th as I read that 1:1 is the correct tranny ratio for dyno testing.

JLent, in your situation, it does sound like higher gear will produce better results from more load on the motor.

Just run it and have a blast, my first dyno was a lot of fun.

Just run it, you will have fun and you will gain some insight as to the Adrenaline and Redline fueling. Definitely try to talk the guy into letting you run in 5th gear. Hey, if you hit 40+ psi boost, you are getting a good amount of load.

When I dynoed on a 248 HD, I only made 41 lbs or so whereas on the street, my truck would make more like 47psi. That dyno had the load cell feature as well. Basically they ran my truck up to 2200 rpm, turned on the load cell to pull the motor back down to 1600 rpm and when the turbo started to sing really well, they hit the off button on the load cell and start button on the data recorder while matting the throttle. My dyno curves were very smooth and uniform. I dyno'd in 4th as I read that 1:1 is the correct tranny ratio for dyno testing.

JLent, in your situation, it does sound like higher gear will produce better results from more load on the motor.

Just run it and have a blast, my first dyno was a lot of fun.

Yep. Atleast if I can get a idea of which box is making better power....I'll be happy.

Like I said, numbers aren't important to me. I just want to know if I'm making any power over 3500rpm.

I bet I can answer that and save you the money.......Nope.

24v will probably make max power anywhere from 2700-3200,depending on the cam and start dropping from that point out.You will make power over 3500 but it will not increase if thats what your seeking.

I bet I can answer that and save you the money.......Nope.

24v will probably make max power anywhere from 2700-3200,depending on the cam and start dropping from that point out.You will make power over 3500 but it will not increase if thats what your seeking.

I know I'm not making big power over 3500. Just curious to know what I am making. Compare the 2 boxes kinda thing, thats all.

Back