E/T calculator?

White Knight

Would it be possible to get a calculator added that would predict your quarter mile times based on truck weight and horsepower? Kind of like the horsepower calculators in reverse. It would be nice to not have so many "predict my time" threads *bdh*

:thankyou2:

I think it's all these newbies that want a way to come up with bragging rights without going to the track and proving their truck. $.02

Too many different variables and platforms... 4WD vs 2WD (Traction), Automatics vs 5/6-Speed (will distort times).

I think it's all these newbies that want a way to come up with bragging rights without going to the track and proving their truck. $.02

"These equations are for recreation only"
"Not a substitude for actual testing"

I just went a 12.74 @ 105... !!! :rockwoot: LOL

Lets see--- Smarty = 250hp... Injectors 250hp... pressure box 115hp... TST= another 170hp.... Modded rail= 50hp... Air Dog and Dual cp3s = 200hp... 62 s300 over s480= 300hp Banks Big Hoss kit= 135hp...NOS kit= 500hp Banks sticker= 300hp... :blahblah1:

"Therefore my truck makes 2500 hp and I should be running in the 6's according to the calculator"!!! :doh::umno: :nail: LOL

I gotta agree with what was said above... folks trying to get some bragging rights without having done it. Also there are far too many variables involved.

Yeah for a lot of us it gives a rough idea and something to shoot for, but bottom line is, until you do it, you haven't done it. I hate that "well my truck is outfitted close to the same as so and so's... so I have to be in that range too..." stuff.

Last edited:
LOL That's almost as bad as getting approached by those typical douches at the Track that ask how much Propane are you using and how you must be doing something wrong because their Buddy's lifted truck on 37's runs 11's on the just Superchips program. Ok Cool! Get your fire hydrant humping buddy down here and prove it!

I totally agree with you guys, anyone who has any time around these trucks should have at least an idea of how their truck should perform and know that there are to many variables to account for. I was just hoping to find a link to send them to and never have to deal with the thread again, maybe even cut down the number of those type of unproductive threads.

Yeah, I hear ya... it's cool and all but often gives false hope to some.

The ones that irritate me the most are those that start out with "well my buddies truck" and end with them somehow trying to live vicariously through another "big name" by some secondhand association as if because they shook hands with Don Garlits or something they immediately have this wealth of knowledge and the truck now runs 10's with a stock tune because they added the "magic" intake or something like that and they think they out ran a honda civic with the fart can and rear wing so they must be fast... "no, I never got to a track or dyno, but I know I'm bad because...":doh:

just run it down the track, theres alot of other factors that could affect your time, like slick tires haha

Would it be possible to get a calculator added that would predict your quarter mile times based on truck weight and horsepower? Kind of like the horsepower calculators in reverse. It would be nice to not have so many "predict my time" threads *bdh*

Way to many variables to make this work. Track, Temp, Humidity, 2WD, 4WD, and a whole list of other things that would take a good mathematician to figure. I wish we could but....

Yeah, I hear ya... it's cool and all but often gives false hope to some.

The ones that irritate me the most are those that start out with "well my buddies truck" and end with them somehow trying to live vicariously through another "big name" by some secondhand association as if because they shook hands with Don Garlits or something they immediately have this wealth of knowledge and the truck now runs 10's with a stock tune because they added the "magic" intake or something like that and they think they out ran a honda civic with the fart can and rear wing so they must be fast... "no, I never got to a track or dyno, but I know I'm bad because...":doh:

Anything is quick if you drive it off a Cliff....

I like the following formula if your vehicle dead hooks:

ET = 5.825 * (Weight/HP)^(1/3)

Last edited:
Back