Earliest Tracks open

cranked_dodge

Diesel Pro
I was wondering what the earliest a guy would be able to get onto a track in either Phoenix or California so we can do some testing with our truck before the NHRDA race in March.

Figured some of you guys in Phoenix area or in California would be able to help me out.

Thanks

Perfect, thanks. Looks like that may be where we have to drag the truck to. To get everything set up for the new season

Last edited:
Check with Firebird in Chandler AZ I'm pretty sure they are open all winter. The track owner said in Sacramento that they are open all winter for T & T on Saturdays weather permitting.

Check with Firebird in Chandler AZ I'm pretty sure they are open all winter. The track owner said in Sacramento that they are open all winter for T & T on Saturdays weather permitting.

Same goes for Speedworld in Surprise, AZ. I've been down there in the winter and they were having T&T.

Thats perfect. Thanks guys.

So there are quite a few tracks open then. Does anyone know if they will prep a test and tune night good if a guy pays a little or asks?

Thats perfect. Thanks guys.

So there are quite a few tracks open then. Does anyone know if they will prep a test and tune night good if a guy pays a little or asks?

When I was at Speedworld the couple times, there was an 8 second viper and a couple turbo Chevy trucks. The track crew seemed to be running them right after they cleaned the track and sprayed VHT. I would call and see if it's a possibility, might make your decison based on what they're willing to do for you. Good luck with testing.

Yeah I will be making a few calls before we decide what track to head to. If speedworld did that they may get the nod. They know how to prep for fast diesels too so they may have no problem doing it for a guy.

Thanks ill keep you guys posted on how the testing will go once we get down the track

They have not updated their calendar into January yet, but they pretty much run all winter except for Christmas. The track is pretty cold in January so you will want to watch and look for either daytime events (warmer track) or ADRA events (track prep for cars with slicks) as those tend to be better for bigger power trucks. Regular TNT events may not have the same level of prep.

The evenings are cooling off here now so I'm getting anxious to spend some time at the track myself. If you will be coming down, shoot me an email...we'd love to come out and race with you if the truck is running...or watch if it isn't.

Dennis, that would be awesome. I will keep in touch with you and let you know when we are going to be coming down your way.

Just don't make it the weekend of February 17-19, I will be at Firebird watching the Pros.

Back