EARLY Dunbar's dyno phot .....

Has anyone bought Dunbar's dyno yet? I know there was some rumor's going around that Jeff Garmon was going to install it at his shop but I haven't really heard anything else about it.

Yes Sir.. I'll post a couple pics

This is before he finished it.. Concrete all around and a building / cover over it.. It looks really nice now.
2b720867.jpg

08993246.jpg

a6fb81dc.jpg

8e9833e5.jpg

68bd380e.jpg

90698da6.jpg

Last edited:
it works great! i was there when he ran it for the first time in the ground. said it was night and day smoother

Looks like a very nice set up any plans for a big dyno day? People would travel from all over to get on that dyno.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ePScJwPCc&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ePScJwPCc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

When I got into diesels I was talking to my grandpa (now deceased) about a dyno day, and he told me about dynoing his 39 Buick one time, claimed it made 102 hp at the wheels. I thought that was so cool that he had done it when he was a young man!

I'll scan in a pic of my old 01 vp truck breaking 500hp back in 02 on the ole Dunbar dyno down in KY!

Old School....This is back in 2001..and my old white VP dodge breaking 500hp.
billiskingofHPscoreboard.jpg

billsmokingdyno.jpg

billsmokingondyno2.jpg

billsmokingondyno2-1.jpg

Last edited:
I see Justin Williams and 1st Gen Legend Brian Block in that pic...

I see Justin Williams and 1st Gen Legend Brian Block in that pic...

I was there that day...just not in that pic. That was at Tom Meer's Black Mountain Diesel in Cynthiana Ky. I couldn't get over how clean that White 2nd Gen was...I had a twin (tho 97) at the time and was hoping mine would look that clean someday! LOL

I was there that day...just not in that pic. That was at Tom Meer's Black Mountain Diesel in Cynthiana Ky. I couldn't get over how clean that White 2nd Gen was...I had a twin (tho 97) at the time and was hoping mine would look that clean someday! LOL

I had just gotten my license a few months before that event in 2001. It was during harvest season and we couldn't go. I remember seeing the pics of that dyno board. Good memories.

Sled puller is right on.....I haven't talked to Justin or Brian in a long time.

Mark,

I remember your truck......It was pretty clean 12v. I miss the old 01 reg cab....it popped my diesel cherry!

Sled Puller.......are you Mr Gene Mahoney?

That's him. Not sure I would call him Mr. though!bif

Sled puller is right on.....I haven't talked to Justin or Brian in a long time.

Justin is still around. I talk to him on Facebook every once in a while. Not sure what Brian is up to, but if I had to bet, I would say he's still working on diesels.

Back