EBP Sensor fault on a 2007?

alvispace

Fat Bastard
I don't know that I shouldn't have a code showing this (P0470 EP), but while researching online here and elsewhere, it seems that Ford has all but removed these sensors.

Anyone know why a 2007 would throw this code if it should have been flashed away by Ford before the truck was ever built?

History, as it just threw the code tonight.
It was about 3 degrees outside,
truck sitting outside for about 12hrs at work.
I cycled the key three complete times before starting.
It was a typical zero degree start, 15-30 seconds of chugging, settle down, after about 3 minutes of idle, it kicks up to fast idle.
I then flipped the switch for the high idle mod. Now faster idle, no issues. Let truck warm up another 4 minutes or more, engine oil temp 75 degrees, trans 50 degrees.

Lower steering column tilt to drive home, see SES. Checked codes and got the P0470 EP.

Truck running fine, just see the SES and have the code. I'll reset tomorrow before driving to work. It's sleeping now in the garage at a toasty 50 degrees. Hope it is just a cold weather gremlin, but I do have 53k miles on it.

Thanks for any discussion.

Last edited:
Does your truck have a mass air meter?
I thought some trucks didn't have one, so they still use readings from the EBP sensor.

I think it does. Gee, never crossed my mind that it didn't. I'll have to get back to you on that one. Let me go check right now!

Yes, it does have a square sensor mounted after the airbox on the plastic inlet pipe just before the turbo. I presume that is the MAF sensor.

07s use the EBP. They do not use an inferred strategy like the 03-04 early models.

Why do the 03-04's use the inferred strategy?
I thought it was because they were having problems with EBP sensors.

They were having problems with them. Then they were redesigned and moved. Harness change. Tube change. Its easier to just change the calibration on the 03-early 04.

Update:

Reset/cleared codes this morning, no further issues. Thanks for the help.

Back