ECM problem?

Jkirts379

Ok the truck has been fine untill about a week ago. It started starting hard and thats when i noticed the wait to start light and the lift p
ump not coming on when i turn the key forward.
I. Checked battery voltage and grounds.
And when i unhook both batteries the problem goes away for a day or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 99 at the shop with the exact same problem. I been looking for a ecm

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I talked to a ecm remanufactur and they said that the lift pump overloads the ecm circuit and eventually damages ecm they said to remove lift pump from ecm and wire up standalone and replace ecm

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I got a 2000 ECM for sale n a guy just called me n told me this bc he was Wantin to buy my ECM but not sure if that's the problem. N when he said he unhooked the battery's n rebooked them n it works leads me to think it's the ECM as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's your ECM mines doing the same thing and causing all kinds of problems

The reman ECMs are pretty spotty, especially the company out of Floriduhh. They have about a 25% success rate.

Ed

the way that place operates is:

they buy up tons of core ECM's at core prices... they clean them up and ship them out. If you have a problem with it, they note the issue and it goes for repair. They send you another. If you have a problem with it, they note the issue and it goes for repair.

They are cheap because you, the customer, are their diag department. Eventually they'll send you one that's right.

I'd rather buy a known-good used unit and program it for your truck OR just bite the bullet and get one from Dodge or Cummins vs. playing guinea pig for a discount rebuilder :(

Back