ECM Relocation Pics

CREED1

Throwed Off
Well guys im done with my swap just tying up the loose ends and this is one of my final things to do. I went ahead and did block off plate and ive heard of some some guys modifying these to allow the ecm to bolt to the block off plate. Ive also just heard of guys leaving the ecm hanging. Any suggestions or pics anyone has would be appreciated.

I turned it 90* and bolted it to the head with one bolt. Ill try to get a pic.

I extended the studs and moved it back to the last bolt on the tappet cover.

DSC00755.jpg

Last edited:

DSC00755.jpg

i did the same just used to craftsmens deep sockets for the spacers. i have a 12v tappet cover so the back one needs the stock spacer and socket and the one in the front just a socket

DSC00755.jpg

i used the orginal spacers moved it back one set of holes and i cut off the bottom bracket on the ecm to make it fit.

I done the same as these fellas. I would like to see what Cl2000 did with his, cause I have a 12V tappet cover I am thinking of installing.

Im using a 12v tappet cover as well but I think I figured out a good place to mount it just not sure if it will clear the pump or not we will see when I get it mounted in the truck. Thanks for the pics guys they were very helpfull Ill try and post up some of where and how I mounted it.

I dont know if a vp head has the same as a CR head but this is how mine is. I let it flop around for 20k and noticed wow! I could put it right there.

photo.jpg

I dropped a 12" piece of flat steel off the master cylinder then welded another to it forming an inverted T

Thanks for the responses and pics guys it was very helpfull and im sure will be usefull to some in the future as well.

i made a "T" braket like roachies except i drilled and tapped a hole in the frame. The ecm sits parrallel with the starter. Then used rubber grommets between the bracket and ecm to help with vibrations.

Back