EFI Live Cummins fastest stock turbo and injector times

We've made 704 with a billet 351. I never would've believed it either.. untill he went down the track.

Duraeater...you need to change your name to Duraeater6.7 since you dont have a real motor anymore. lol.

Cummins_Bred, sure it counts let us know how it runs with the new set up

Wellllllllllllll I had a 06 5.9 it's was okkkk?!?! Efi wasn't out yet and had a smarty? Didnt care for the 48re "wasn't built" went back to a Chevy 1500 wanted to ? my brains out, found a good deal on my 6.7 and fell in love
But hey it's still a cummins right ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran a 14.11 1/4 an 1/8 was a 9.02 all stock besides efi from Dave Matthews 60ft was 1.90 that's in a 4wd mega 6.7 with 20s an a ranch hand stock tranny an stock downpipe left at 2000 rpms

I have ran 14.20 at 95mph smoke free on my own tuning. would have been close to breaking the 14 second mark if my 300 pound winch bumper wouldn't have been on

Where do you guys get these tunes ?
I have a 06 mega cab and just got efi live but it doesn't have any tunes ...it's the basic efi live so I don't think I can build my own tunes and I'm not sure i would want to anyways ..

If you purchased a V2 you can get tunes from anyone that writes tunes. If you purchased an autocal then you can only buy tunes from the place you purchased the autocal from.

like phale said, you can purchase tunes for your v2 from any tuner, autocals are locked to the tuners v2.

How would I know what I have? ...isn't it kinda b.s. to lock it to where I bought it from ? What if they go belly up later down the road ? Then I'm screwed?

I just looked at a invoice ...it's a autocal....is it possible to get it unlocked so I can use other tuners software ?

I sent you a PM. Once an autocal is locked to a V2 it cannot be unlocked, you have to use tunes saved with the V2 that your autocal is linked to.

Ok got it ....they just sent me some tunes ...I was just wondering how this all worked ...when efi live is availed for my 05 I'll for sure get the v2 so I can use any tune I want
Thanks for the info I'm sure I'll be on here regularly to see what my next step will be ...based on what I've read I think I'm going to go with dual fuelers and built tranny ..then a turbo ...not sure about injectors ,I drive my truck daily and want good mileage

In it's simplest form AutoCal is a way for professional tuners to compete with handhelds. Instead of having to be experts in developing hardware, developing software to create tunes as well as being fantastic tuners, we've taken the first 2 requirements out of the equation.

Effectively we've provided the tools to move the market from 4 or 5 tuners into a market of unlimited professional tuners - all the traditional barriers that have limited the market have gone. Many talented tuners now have the vehicle to deliver their tunes. Their success will be dependent on the services they offer and marketing.

In most cases AutoCal is rebranded by the tuner so you don't even know it's an EFILive product - simply put it's a handheld. Where it differs to traditional handhelds is that tunes can be emailed, data logs can be emailed, and you can tune multiple vehicles.

You wouldn't expect a traditional handheld to allow tunes from another manufacturer to be placed on the device and the same rules apply here.

FlashScan on the other hand is a tuning tool - as a user you are in control of the source of your tunes - you can make them yourself, you can edit them, you can purchase them if you wish to do so.

Cheers
Cindy

Thanks for the help ...I'll be getting the flash scan for my 2005 cummins when it's available ....for now I'll just use the smarty and tst combo that's been on it for a 3 years now

Loaded up my ATP street tune and holy crap what a freaken difference it makes ....hit the road edge ...even with your hot unlocked code your no march for the steet tune ...let alone the race tube which I don't plan on using until I get a better tranny ...I can't believe how great my pig of a truck runs ....

I dont have a stock cp3 anymore but I am not commanding anything over stock and obviously limited by the turbo. But I got a 13.4 last night @ 98 mph. Cool Egts, boost where it should be and NO smoke.

Mega cab went 14.18 at 99.67 95* out. stock trans,turbo,cp3,fuel pump 2.2 60ft

This is my truck! Strong running but when the track temp was 135* and trucks that were running in the 11's were now going 12.30's we knew it was going to be hard to get everything we had out of her. I had 2.2 60's because it was spinning in 4x4 leaving at 18-20psi. Thank god fire punk has all my go fast trans. parts ready to go in!! :charger:

Thanks for the tune Toops!

Wow! Those are some really impressive numbers. I ran the 1/8th mile for the first time ever on sat. Cut a 9.008 @78.7 with a 2.139 60'. This was with Smarty latest Revo update. Set on SW9 POD set to 83. TQ MNGMNT on 2. Now, I know there is room for maybe 2 or 3 tenths of a second at best I figure with my current tuning.

Based on what I have read....I think I'm ordering my EFI tomorrow. What sort of improvements you guys think I will see?

Last edited:
Wow! Those are some really impressive numbers. I ran the 1/8th mile for the first time ever on sat. Cut a 9.008 @78.7 with a 2.139 60'. This was with Smarty latest Revo update. Set on SW9 POD set to 83. TQ MNGMNT on 2. Now, I know there is room for maybe 2 or 3 tenths of a second at best I figure with my current tuning.

Based on what I have read....I think I'm ordering my EFI tomorrow. What sort of improvements you guys think I will see?

With Smarty best I did was 8.70 in the 1/8 with about a 1.82 60'. With EFI Live, 8.49 with pretty much the same 60'. I did have one EFI Live tuner who couldn't even keep up to my Smarty though.

Well, I finally went ahead and ordered a V2 along with Tuning. I'm really looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about. More importantly getting the truck to run smoother with even more power than it currently has.

Im hoping to have EFI w/ tune installed by Friday night for Test N Tune. This will be a nice real world Smarty vs EFI test.

For those interested...I decided to go with Dan's Diesel Performance for tuning. His prices were a lil more reasonable and his recommendation came with high praise. My mind was made up after speaking with him on the phone at length.

Back