EFI Live issue!

Chevycummins

Bad case of Tinkeritis!
i am sure this might have been posted several times but i am having this issue and also have an issue contacting the person with the company i purchased it from so if anyone can help i would appreciate it. trying to get this installed on my brothers truck before the weekend but gotta get the stock tune off but have the following issue.

I keep getting this when i try to read the calibration 04 lb7

19:04:05.890: Error: Failed. Controller has returned to normal please retry the operation

Bootloader rejected.

Reason:
Controller has returned to normal operation, please retry the operation

thanks

michael

Try shuting off the high speed.

Uncheck the box at top left of the flashscreen.

Also check your fuses.

Pull the radio amp fuse.

Make sure the cigerette lighter fuse is good.

Ditto on the CIG fuse in the under hood fuse box!!

here is the screens that i keep getting when i try to read the stock tune. i have pulled the radio fuse and the cig fuse is good.

Attachments

• error screen.jpg
    error screen.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 30
i know if im trying to flash and ecm and sometimes have to stop in early early stages of flash when i try to reflash again it says something like that and i have to unplug batterys and touch pos and neg together to discharge all capaciters in ecm but make sure that you disc both batts and it works just fine for me

here is the screens that i keep getting when i try to read the stock tune. i have pulled the radio fuse and the cig fuse is good.

efi live and vista have rpoblems... open efi lvie by right click and (open as administrator)
make sure cable is plugged in prior to opening efi live.
still dont work try differnt USB port

efi live and vista have rpoblems... open efi lvie by right click and (open as administrator)

X2. Right click, run as administrator. Pull fuses, then turn key to on position, plug EFI Live into truck, then plug the cable into the computer, then open your EFI live tuning program. I've had issues when I change the plug in sequence but haven't had any issues when I do it that way.

tried that and tried two different ports so far still same error storm came in and got dark will try more tomorrow will try disconnecting batteries also like stated above.

i will try that plug sequence also.

what do you all put in the key box? i noticed it but not sure what to put in there.

and it is showing some other vin code than what i have put in there and is also showing that it is an automatic instead of a manual the only thing that it shows right is that its an LB7 and the op system

thanks for the help i will update status tomorrow any other hints are appreciated

thanks

michael

tried that and tried two different ports so far still same error storm came in and got dark will try more tomorrow will try disconnecting batteries also like stated above.

i will try that plug sequence also.

what do you all put in the key box? i noticed it but not sure what to put in there.

and it is showing some other vin code than what i have put in there and is also showing that it is an automatic instead of a manual the only thing that it shows right is that its an LB7 and the op system

thanks for the help i will update status tomorrow any other hints are appreciated

thanks

michael

were you trying to reading the ecm or tryign to re-write the ecm?

take the stock tune and do a full re-flash (larger red straight arrow) see if it will take the stock tune

i am trying to read the stock tune to send to the company to get our 5 new tunes but i cant get it to read them that pic is the errors i keep coming up with everytime i try it no matter how i plug the cables in tried pulling and checking fuses.

out with the pops today going to try it again tonight when i get home.

gave up on trying to use vista :doh: going to get a laptop that has xp on it and just forget about vista all together.

We all use Vista here. I have seen that "Boot loader rejected" message before though. Good luck hope you get it straightened out.

thats odd because dustin told me he has seen ppl run it but most of them are using XP i have tried mulitple usb ports pluging everything in different sequences pulling fuses checking fuses and still nothing now i cant get it out of demo mode so i am not sure what is going on if it is just my laptop or what but i think i may reboot my laptop and start over fresh. if someone thinks they can walk me through this with vista over the phone or something either pm me a number and a time to get ahold of you or text me @ 816-305-0568 i would appreciate it.

thanks

michael

X2 on unchecking the high speed option. I use EFI on Vista with no problems. I have seen that error when reaing a configuration for the first time using high-speed.

i had this problem as well but it was a blown fuse for the cigg. lighter replaced it and no problems hope you get it figured out

Back