EFI Live not allowing EGR and DPF deletes in the US.

me2

FYI, I received an email this morning from EFI Live with this.

=============================================
In light of recent and sweeping industry changes in the USA, region specific restrictions will be implemented in future EFILive software releases. For USA based customers only, EGR and DPF related items will no longer be available for modification on supported Diesel platforms.
=============================================

Legal responsibilities for Tuners in the United States of America

Last edited:
Yea for the EPA. Guess I need to lock up V2 and current software away in my doomsday shelter.

Tobin

Last edited:
that means use 5.9 truck guys value will increase, ill be keeping this one a while. and sucks for efi live not going for the 03-05 tuning first lol , lost all that time on the new trucks.

Last edited:
that means use 5.9 truck guys value will increase, ill be keeping this one a while. and sucks for efi live not going for the 03-05 tuning first lol , lost all that time on the new trucks.

EFILIVE will still be pursuing tuning for the newer 6.7L engines and developing support for them. They are just making it so that if your in the US your computer will not allow you to modify those settings in the tuning software. They still sell software abroad where the deletes are needed, and fully legal.

so how will 6.7 pull trucks be able to use efi if they have deletes? will they not be able to?

soot falls to the ground where it came from it pollutes the water not air

The cooling towers?

"There is no compelling scientific evidence for the policy decision to develop more stringent standards. The existing standards are working and will continue improving air quality," API Director of Regulatory and Scientific Affairs Howard Feldman said in a statement. "We fear this new rule may be just the beginning of a 'regulatory cliff'."

Last edited:
Back