efi live tuned 06 keeps blowing #4 injector line

lenahan05

Comp Diesel Sponsor
anyone else had this problem since theyve had their truck tuned? ive blown 3 lines now and no one knows whats goin on with it. chrysler says theyve never seen it after its been replaced with a new on but the brand new line made it 3 miles down the highway and blew again. the weird things is that when the line blows is when im cruising...never in the throttle with high rail pressure. stock turbo, stock injectors, stock cp3 ect...weird!!!! anyone got any ideas? and its always cracking lines at the head, around the nut and behind the nut. and no im not overtorqueing the nut.lol

Are you using the complete new set-up including the bracket and torquing everything to spec?

#4 Injector lines blow all the time...nothing to do with EFILive! They seldom blow after an updated line is installed.

If you were blowing all the lines then it might be Efi but blowing the same one repeatedly would say something is wrong with that particular injector.

I didn't touch it, I promise!!!! lol

When it runs, is it running normal?
Missing?
Low power?
Anything out of the ordinary?

I have blown the #4 on my truck too but I think it was because clamp on the bracket was loose and vibrating. Make sure the bracket is not putting it in a bind somehow. When I put mine on I usually finger tighten the nuts on both ends then finish tighten them and then the bracket bolt.

Have you talked to your tuner about rail pressures or logged what you pressures are doing at cruise? I'm with the others, don't think it's a tuning problem but hard to say with feedback about where your tuner has pressure, etc.

If you were blowing all the lines then it might be Efi but blowing the same one repeatedly would say something is wrong with that particular injector.

that makes no sense, sorry :eek:

if your "new" lines were just NOS and not the revised line, you could certainly blow multiples

It was early and I hadn't had my coffee. But if you keep blowing the same line then I'd start looking at that cylinder/injector/etc instead of blaming the tuning.

To determine if it's your tune or your truck, return your truck to stock and see if the condition returns. If you still have the issue, it's not tune related, and if it disappears it may be related to your tuning. As others have suggested in either case you should data log to see what is going on.

Cheers
Cindy

Back