EFI live

craneman03

wet behind the ears
Okay I'm wanting a small tune for my truck, only for fuel mileage and little extra grunt when pulling my camper. I have found a couple ppe programmers for sale, but get the feeling that everyone recommends efi live. Remember I don't need anything really crazy, just a nice tow tune. Can I get just one efi live tune and be done? Any advice is helpful.

Yes you can get only one tune. You can also get a dsp 2 or dsp 5 switch and have switchable tuning between 2 and 5 tunes, respectively.

A good tuner will get you exactly what you're looking for out of your truck.

even if you are looking for just a little more power and better mileage, efi is still way better than a canned tuner

If you only want one tune you will have to find a tuner local to you so they can load it in with their V2. Otherwise your next cheapest choice would be an autocal pre-loaded with tunes.

You can get a good tow tune with a turbo brake via efi live. Find a tuner in OH or make your way over here to Indiana! I don't think dsp2 would be more than a couple hundred bucks, way cheaper than a ppe.

I'm in Lancaster, Ohio and can get you exactly what you need. I offer several tuning options. Pm me if interested.

For every EFILive customer who purchases our product for "high performance reasons" there is 10 more who purchase it for towing, mpg or as a diagnostic tool, however it's mostly the high performance guys who post on forums, ask for technical help and ask opinions of others. Generally these guys are pushing the envelope of hard parts and combinations of hard parts trying to win the next whatever.....the guy who puts EFILive on for towing or a couple of mpg gets his results quickly with minimal assistance from other users and the job is done.

If you think of a wrench, people who race use wrenches, as do people who only want a reliable daily commute. EFILive is no different, it's a tool, it's how you use the tool that will deliver the outcome.

Cheers
Cindy

Back