EFI Opinions

B00ST00

I've been reading the threads on EFI live and have decided its the route I want to go with my truck however im looking for opinions. My truck is stock with a cold air intake and cat delete. Down the road I would like to do a set of twins and possibly injectors/pump/CP3 because I use my truck as a driver and tow rig for my turbo mustang. The truck would likely not see those mods for a year which puts me on the fence in regards to choosing the V2 or the auto cal. I know I will need to upgrade my trans at some point however I do not want that to be a decision maker between the two options. Which do you guys recommend for my set up? On a side note, I could use the same tuner I use for my mustang to tune my truck if I went the V2 route. Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help.

I guess the two biggest factors in making your decision will be:
1. Are you ever going to want to tune yourself/tune a friends vehicle/a second or third vehicle? If so, then the V2 is probably better suited to your needs because you will need to purchase tunes from your original tuner for any subsequent vehicle with an AutoCal.

2. Are you comfortable with purchasing custom tunes from the one supplier? Remember AutoCal is effectively the HANDHELD tuner of the workshop you purchase the device through, so that shop is the only tuner that can provide tunes to your AutoCal. If you think you want to try tunes from different tuners, then you either need an AutoCal from each tuner, or FlashScan V2.

Given your vehicle is stock for the next 12 months, you have a perfect opportunity to 'play' with the software, 'play' with logging and tuning and become familiar with how our product works before you start your upgrades, which sees me leaning towards a V2. Ultimately it's your decision, both will do what you ask.

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy-

Thanks for the quick reply I appreciate it. You've convinced me to go with a V2, I believe ill be more content with the options down the road. Thanks again.

Efilive is the best thing you could do for your truck, stock or modified! When you start looking at the stock tables you'll understand why! Good luck with the build! Have fun!:p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

V2. You have the option of trying tunes from different tuners, and the option of you yourself tuning. And the additional option of tuning multiple vehicles

I think I'm going to do this on my 03 whenever they get it done. Efi live sounds awesome from the threads I've read.

Correct me if I am wrong but did I read that if I bought a v2 from pretty much anyone that sells it I can buy tune files from anyone and they would all work on my v2?

Also, could 1 v2 tune more then 1 truck if the licences were bought for the different vehicles?

So I could buy the v2. Call Cummins-tuner for a tune and then turn around and call FPE for a tune and both would be able to work on the same truck and V2?

Sorry OP to steal your thread but I figured these are also questions you may be interested in.

Correct me if I am wrong but did I read that if I bought a v2 from pretty much anyone that sells it I can buy tune files from anyone and they would all work on my v2?

Also, could 1 v2 tune more then 1 truck if the licences were bought for the different vehicles?

So I could buy the v2. Call Cummins-tuner for a tune and then turn around and call FPE for a tune and both would be able to work on the same truck and V2?

Sorry OP to steal your thread but I figured these are also questions you may be interested in.

Yes to all..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

V2 supports in the 261 vehicle range...something like that. It's well over 200 separate vehicles that can be tuned by the one single V2, obviously separate VIN licenses for all.

Yes for all others as said above

Back