EFI results (make a prediction)

CATCRACKER

What would be some good goals (attainable) that you think EFI will be able to accomplish or would like to see them accomplish on a stock or mildly modded truck?

I don't have enough experience around modded trucks that have been dynoed to make predictions like alot of others on this board. That is why I am asking the question.

(Since they are working on a stock truck right now)I am guessing that efi on a stock 06 truck will open the door to a smooth somewhat toasty 500hp with just a lift pump and Trans. A small 62/65 turbo will net a smooth 530's with manageable egts. The truck wont pop, buck or have nasty peaks. Smoke will be reduced and manageable. I will guess this could almost be a tow tune for those with self control.

Also, is there anyone that can give us the history behind EFI's lives progression with stock or mildly modded over the years with the duramax? This might help with predictions. Ok I am :blahblah1:

530 should be very attainable on a 62 especially since I did 489 with a just a bullydog, though I'd like the efilive power curve to be alot smoother and not as quick as my bd. Should make it easier to drive also!

The dodge boys will finally step up to a single S400 turbo for street/tow applications and still get decent fuel mileage.

I predict I'm going with even bigger injectors and turbos if it goes as good as everyone hopes it will.
1000 is such a nice, round number. LOL

I predict the stock components can be pushed 550 RWHP with proper tuning.

I second that and add another...

I predict stock Cp3's capable of 650hp+ without arson kits.

Getting precise pulsewidth is how dmax guys can do it...so maybe we can to.

On the dmax side, I make 680RWHP on a stock single cp3 with a stock engine (30% injectors). I daily drive(4 years) and tow a 18,000 pound trailer across the country, then unhook the trailer and the truck will run 12.4's without changing tunes or anything else except tire pressure. Runs 11's if I click the switch over.

Stock turbo, stock injector, stock pump, Dmax's are above 500HP, and with some extra air they jump up quite a bit. I expect the Cummins to follow suit.

Ccrrect me if i am wrong isnt the cp3 on the duramax a bit stronger and I know the heads flow alot better. I think this will be a limiting factor until you start cramming alot of air (when compared with the dmax) in with some bigger turbos.

Dont the cummins take more psi to make the same hp as a duramax?

Rob thats sick dude!

I know its going to do 500 because a stock truck with the proper stack can do that. 650 with some more air and stock injectors and pump would be crazy. 2007 5.9 that good info about the duration. I downloaded EFI's software and started playing with it today, very cool.

Last edited:
when comparing the 5.9 cummins to a 6.6L duramax, yes dmaxes make more power,
boost for boost on similar sized turbos. especially when you have one runner per intake valve on a dmax head and 2 more cylinders on a larger engine with several more years of engineering in it. (the cummins is using 1989 technology with upgraded cylinder head and fueling system, the dmax is all new ten years later)

the cummins will respond well to fine tuning, and be more driveable than ever. as much power as CR's are already making with stacking different boxes and tunes, imagine 100+ more hp on a smoke free (or light haze) tune without having to switch back and forth on the dyno or at the track to find the best combo... ALL the time. sounds good to me.

Last edited:
I predict 500 on a dead stock engine/cp3/injector (with lift pump/trans though). As well I think about 700 with stock injector, but with CP3/turbo modded.

Its been about 4-5 years since I cracked 600hp, and I stopped because I felt like we hit a wall with programming and such. EFILIVE is what I have been waiting for to get back into the fun of chasing HP...

I predict 500 on a dead stock engine/cp3/injector (with lift pump/trans though). As well I think about 700 with stock injector, but with CP3/turbo modded.

Its been about 4-5 years since I cracked 600hp, and I stopped because I felt like we hit a wall with programming and such. EFILIVE is what I have been waiting for to get back into the fun of chasing HP...

The ol 600hp wall LOL

The ol 600hp wall LOL

haha, you know, back when the TST/EZ combo with a 66mm charger was "the ticket"

Now if your not rock'n twin cp3, two chargers and 200-300hp sticks, well.... then your just another mild street truck

Its amazing really how far we have came.

I'm guessing most of these predictions are right on the money.

Imma throw in 650 and manageable EGT with good tuning, small turbo, good LP and a set of 90's.

What about fuel mileage? How much of an improvement is there to be had in that department?

Imma throw in 650 and manageable EGT with good tuning, small turbo, good LP and a set of 90's.

What about fuel mileage? How much of an improvement is there to be had in that department?

My LBZ is running a McRat race tune that will dyno on a built tranny truck 550hp+ 1100 ft lb my truck stock tranny did 437hp 1051 ft lb, my stock fuel economy was around 18-19 on the highway unloaded when runnin the race tune which I run 99% of the time I have gotten as good as 22 mpg unloaded. The city economy is what jumped real good on my gaining 4-5mpg in the city, provided I can keep my foot out of it.

My truck feels, looks, sounds and runs 100% stock until you get into it a bit and she jumps like a raped ape smooth and fast...

I would say with the group of guys like Rob that are working on the Cummins here for you guys you can expect the same if not better performance

im agreeing with this

and very interested for when its more readily available and some killer maps are out for it..

im savin coin as of today... and askin, who in texas is gonna do the EFI for the rams? id rather have a pro do it than myself in all honesty..

AND... a bigger question

is this gonna aid in slowing down, stopping, or preventing meltdowns? now that the maps, fueling etc can better be controlled?

Before, I had 100hp nozzels, no water/meth. and a edge juice. now I have whats in my sig. before it dyno'd 652.

what will I be lookin at with what I have now and efi?

Back