EFI results (make a prediction)

I hate to bring up this point, but dyno's are SOOOOOOOOOO varied from one shop to the next that i think we should preface certain things.....

For example, i see black Beauty with a post of 652 HP. That has to be a corrected number, right? I am more and more impressed by the Dodges the more i'm participating in the EFI Live beta, however - I have a hard time swallowing 652 as an uncorrected, stock turbo number. It's just not possible IMO. Not saying he's wrong, just thinking that there are so many ways to present a dyno number that.... well..... things arent equal from dyno to dyno. Anyone being around them much knows this....

That being the case, even with the best possible tuning provided by an EFI Live tuner, I'm not sure how much a number might go up or down. It's really hard to guess since we don't know the dyno, or any of the conditions surrounding the dyno.

I can give several examples of inconsistent dynos, because i've been on a few of them multiple times, running the same tunes and come up with VERY different results.

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but trying to 'guess' your number isn't going to be as helpful as simply stating if POWER is your goal, EFI Live will give you the potential to realize as much power as your setup is capable of producing. If that is 800 HP on they dyno you use, great! For the next guy with a very similar setup and a different dyno, 600 HP might be the cap. That's why I hate numbers unless it's a well known, well ran dyno.

Hoping this doesn't get me beaten - just want to clarify that I think if we're going to talk about dyno numbers that i think on a per truck basis, it's going to be hard to 'make a prediction' aside from saying that if overall power is the goal, we'll be able to help that truck realize all of its potential.

Last edited:
I hate to bring up this point, but dyno's are SOOOOOOOOOO varied from one shop to the next that i think we should preface certain things.....

For example, i see black Beauty with a post of 652 HP. That has to be a corrected number, right? I am more and more impressed by the Dodges the more i'm participating in the EFI Live beta, however - I have a hard time swallowing 652 as an uncorrected, stock turbo number. It's just not possible IMO. Not saying he's wrong, just thinking that there are so many ways to present a dyno number that.... well..... things arent equal from dyno to dyno. Anyone being around them much knows this....

That being the case, even with the best possible tuning provided by an EFI Live tuner, I'm not sure how much a number might go up or down. It's really hard to guess since we don't know the dyno, or any of the conditions surrounding the dyno.

I can give several examples of inconsistent dynos, because i've been on a few of them multiple times, running the same tunes and come up with VERY different results.

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but trying to 'guess' your number isn't going to be as helpful as simply stating if POWER is your goal, EFI Live will give you the potential to realize as much power as your setup is capable of producing. If that is 800 HP on they dyno you use, great! For the next guy with a very similar setup and a different dyno, 600 HP might be the cap. That's why I hate numbers unless it's a well known, well ran dyno.

Hoping this doesn't get me beaten - just want to clarify that I think if we're going to talk about dyno numbers that i think on a per truck basis, it's going to be hard to 'make a prediction' aside from saying that if overall power is the goal, we'll be able to help that truck realize all of its potential.

I have a 66 HTT turbo. thats not stock.

Before, I had 100hp nozzels, no water/meth. and a edge juice. now I have whats in my sig. before it dyno'd 652.

what will I be lookin at with what I have now and efi?

I honestly dont think we will be able to make more MAX hp. I do think that the HP and TQ curves will be much smoother and way more drivablilty for any given hp

I may be wrong, but from what I'm reading, it seems like people who are asking hp estimate questions are not really understanding (still learning myself) what EFI can do. Previously, we were limited to "hp rated tunes" to a certain extent. Now with EFI, we can take a truck with 66mm, 200hp injectors, etc...... from a hp rated tune, to the most effecient extreme or tune it to act like it would in stock form. So you can have all the go-fast parts on your truck and have it perform like stock (not overly smokey on the street) or have it perform like a race truck.

Again, I'm also just learning myself.

I made 517 on bone stock 04.5. Stock airbox, exhaust, cp3,injectors and tranny. Buddy made 523 with stock 07 cr. Now i would love to have same power with smoke free and milage. I think with tranny, lift pump and efi live you could take a 64 with stock injectors and make verynice 550-60 and keep #6 in stock form!!!!

Anyone ever stacked TNT-R with a Dr P. Race box on a basically stock 325HP engine? I did it until i cracked my injectors. It was a ridiculous combination.

Stock injectors, CP3, and turbo. Maxspool 2.5++ cam, valve springs, 40psi lift pump pressure, rail capped, 3850DD Valair, intake, and exhaust. EGT's were crazy! I put that combo on Dr P's dyno and only put down 424HP... Smoking my little 235/85's on the rollers like I was doing a burnout on the street... Like a dummy, I forgot to switch tires before I drove 3 hours to dyno. Probably a 600HP truck if I would've been able to transfer the power to the rollers.

My point is, there are plenty of strong combo's out there, their just not streetable. That truck was like a drift car. I don't look for EFI live to make peak numbers change much, if at all, per a trucks parts combination (Provided they were already running the most aggressive tuning available). But, EFI live will make it driveable down low and make the same or a little more HP up top, no matter what combination of parts. All on the same tune.

Or, I could be completly wrong and everyone will now make 1,000HP stock.

You can purchase the scan tool right now and when the software is released, it's just an email to get you up and tuning.

I am with fuller. dynos are too variable and operator dependent. My criteria for a fast azz street truck is when you can smoke the tires at 60 mph. When you can do that the rest is just fluff. Jay

Back