EFILive tuned Cummins hits 5,300 RPM

its not meant as a low blow but it would take a mountain motor to make a truck run good above 4500

Brad ingram was running a cr last year in the 3.0 truck but i'm sure that was with a aftermarket ecu. But it still ran good with all the other 3.0 trucks and correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure it would turn more than 4500+? What would it take to be on top of the 3.0's last year 1300+ at the crank was what i have been told maybe more?

The few folks that I talked to, the source of said info inevitably came from a country shaped like a boot....meh.

There were also a few others...

Be interesting to see dyno runs and the power up there. Hope EFI can do it.

Keep us updated Brayden.

Flashscan, when you say the rpm limiter fix will not be available in the first public release, are you talking about above 4200ish rpm, or anything above 3500? Just wondering if I can squeeze a few more RPM out before the other tables are released?

First public release will be at least 4500 RPM with a soft limit (ie WILL NOT drop back to 3500). If further testing goes well, it may be higher than that.

We will keep everyone posted.

Cheers
Cindy

Hell I just mashed it in neutral.. This is Chase's daily driver truck.. single stock pump, valve springs, push tubes, 150hp sticks, S463 billet charger.
It's good to be on the bleeding edge, eh? LOL

please don't forget us 03-05 guys, this is awsome news, even though I run out of air at 3800 it nice to know it would be there if I compounded it. love the ssr. It is a good stepping stone for this, but I still want more control. Truck needs to be wife friendly, she doesn't check gauges or watch smoke levels. I need map based fueling not tps for that. Also how can you overcome the 51 psi limit of the stock boost sensor?

please don't forget us 03-05 guys, this is awsome news, even though I run out of air at 3800 it nice to know it would be there if I compounded it. love the ssr. It is a good stepping stone for this, but I still want more control. Truck needs to be wife friendly, she doesn't check gauges or watch smoke levels. I need map based fueling not tps for that. Also how can you overcome the 51 psi limit of the stock boost sensor?

From what I understand they can re-scale the voltage map for any sensor you want. So if you plug in a MAP sensor that reads to 150psi with in the 0-5volt range, you can program the sensor map in the ECU to understand 0-150 properly. I'm sure the readings are less accurate to a point tho.

Thanks thats what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Your right it won't be as accurate but it has to be better/more foolproof than tps fueling. It won't add fuel when you under you turbo. Anyway ssr made my truck fun to drive, I beleve efi live will make it easy to drive. when it comes out for 03/04 I will upgrade. the sooner the better. but I know ya'll are working hard. Good work fleece again, and anyone wanting a vgt turbo don't pull the controls of get the controler from fleece its great. Thanks fleece again ya'll earned it!

you are right on with fun vs easy! I feel the same way. The ssr gets you almost there, but you have to learn to drive around its annoyances. for the most part under 1600rpm and/or 10 psi there's no way you'll go WOT and have a high power tune and run smoke free with even the ssr. Maybe I haven't found yet but...meh.

Last edited:
so the question is...when will the 03-05 trucks be supported. a couple more months? a couple years? maybe the fine folks at efi live or maybe brayden can tell us.

That still doesnt tell us when though and they are 2 months behind releasing the 06-07s. Will they get to the 03-05s within the year? next year? i dunno how long theyve been workin on the 06-07s.

When we are 2 months behind on the first phase, we are reluctant to put dates on the rest of the schedule. It will take as long as it takes. May be this year, maybe not - just really depends how the first release goes, and how the next stage of development progresses.

Cheers
Cindy

When we are 2 months behind on the first phase, we are reluctant to put dates on the rest of the schedule. It will take as long as it takes. May be this year, maybe not - just really depends how the first release goes, and how the next stage of development progresses.

Cheers
Cindy

Which is understandable, just sucks waiting on something this good haha

thanks cindy for the quick response. im sure it will be more than any dodge enthusiast can imagine.

Back