egde juice attitude

99fordcummis

I don't have a 6.7l but was just wondering if the chip can be traced by the dealer if it had one on? Of course you'd take it off if you were to take it in for warrenty, but doesn't the ECM record that it's had a chip? :rules: Just Curious.

Also with the juice/attitude on power level 0, does it still advance the timing?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I was told that all programmers are traceable. The computers have a master clock that keeps track of the engine down to the millisecond and another clock and it resets after every download from programmers. They can read both clocks and I guess if they don't match they know it has been programmed. That's what I was told anyway.. That is on the 6.7 I don't know if it is the same on the 5.9

down loaders are the detectable ones because the ECM date and time punches the ECM every time it is altered or flashed

so is the dealer going to void warrenty, because of it? Or will they look the other way?

I wonder if there are other things that show exceeded OEM parameters?

So do Edge Attitude chips leave a footprint that is detectable by the dealer?

The Edge module is not a chip! Nor is a programmer a chip!
That being said.......Any device used to alter fueling state on the fuel injection control system can be traced if push comes to shove.
Do not install performance mods unless you are prepared to take the risk of losing warranty coverage. Some dealers are cool with it. Most are not.

Back