EGT Reading Slow and Low

KillerQuad

M. Tyler Moore
I have the Isspro EGT gauge and ever since we put the larger charger on it has read REALLY low and it is slow to react ...

My truck used to idle at 300* but now it is like 100* or below, then when you really get on the throttle it doesnt move to fast but when you let off the throttle it really bounces up then cools back down quickly ...

Does this sound like a Bad Gauge or Normal for a larger charger ...

*** charger is a 64/14 ***

Thanks for any help,

Tyler

I have the Isspro EGT gauge and ever since we put the larger charger on it has read REALLY low and it is slow to react ...

My truck used to idle at 300* but now it is like 100* or below, then when you really get on the throttle it doesnt move to fast but when you let off the throttle it really bounces up then cools back down quickly ...

Does this sound like a Bad Gauge or Normal for a larger charger ...

*** charger is a 64/14 ***

Thanks for any help,

Tyler

Sounds like either a bad gauge, or a bad probe. Especially since you say it's idling around 100*..something ain't right there.

Which ISSPRO gauge model is it?

Do you have an accurate digital multimeter, which can measure in millivolt range? If so, please disconnect the thermocouple leadwire (either at the gauge if it runs to the gauge, or at the harness to the amplifier box if so equipped). With the gauge disconnected and the engine at idle, measure the voltage across the leadwire leads. The voltage should be somewhere around the following:
Deg F millivolt
280 4.783
290 5.011
300 5.238
310 5.464
320 5.689

If it measures ok, then it's likely in the gauge or amplifier box, or in the wiring.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back