egts

Wonder if there's a way to run some kind of dual spring setup for the larger single guys? Might sound silly, but wouldn't it make sense? Correct me if im wrong; if you run a light spring you can get the charger 'lite' sooner. Obviously, with my fueling capabillities I will lose power and make excessive heat if i chose this path. It's a cool idea, put a thinner/longer spring inside the heavy spring. get the charger lite and inject the correct quantity of fuel after the charger is moving. You would have to redesign the afc. The setup would have to be tits to be worth while. Maybe after i get the cam in things will improve greatly.

Any ideas as to what this turbo can handle? Really, I should get a drive pressure gauge, to see what level this charger is effecient to.

If you run a lighter spring the AFC foot moves with less pressure so you get full fuel at lower boost. I've got the TST spring in mine and I get full travel at 28 psi. You want tension on your spring so you don't want your starwheel "cranked". Set it on the bench with shop air and you can see when and how much boost it takes to move the foot and where it is at full travel. Once you get that set you can mess with the "smoke" screw on the back of the housing to adjust your low end fuel.

On a side note, does anyone know what spring I would need in my AFC that would compress fully at 45-50 psi?

On a side note, does anyone know what spring I would need in my AFC that would compress fully at 45-50 psi?

take a stock 215 spring, heat-stretch-let cool gradually. that way you'll get fuel at 45psi

If you run a lighter spring the AFC foot moves with less pressure so you get full fuel at lower boost. I've got the TST spring in mine and I get full travel at 28 psi. You want tension on your spring so you don't want your starwheel "cranked". Set it on the bench with shop air and you can see when and how much boost it takes to move the foot and where it is at full travel. Once you get that set you can mess with the "smoke" screw on the back of the housing to adjust your low end fuel.

yea, that works good for the dyno. Not necessarily the street, imo

spring wise, think your right on the money with everything else. I will try to hook air up tomorrow, and see what happens

Last edited:
yea, that works good for the dyno. Not necessarily the street, imo

Are you talking about the light spring? It works good on the street, it just depends on how much fuel you have. The more fuel, the stiffer the spring needed.

Back