Electrical Probs

Zspires94

Alright decided to come over from CF and check this out.

OKay so I need a wiring guru for this one... please try and take the time to read this and help me. To start off i get in my truck and drive, I went to honk at something and didn't hear it so I continued and noticed every time my right turn signal would flash. So i tried my right turn signal and it flickered rapidly but my left one worked fine. So once I got home I decided to check it out and when I turn my right signal on it flicks super fast and is dimmer than the left one. So i decided to start checking things and this is what i've done so far and i know isnt the problem.. Checked bulb, relay, fuses, multifunction switch, cut trailer plug off, and i cant find a short anywhere, I have steering column apart. Anybody have any ideas on this one? I'm stumped and dont know where to go next.
Thanks guys

clean all your grounds, bat posts, check wiring from the headlight sockets back. any corrosion is too much.

How did you check the relay? It's the blue one in the driver side dash area, yank the cover off it (carefully) and look at the circuit board inside. This was bad on my truck and caused me to not have hazard lights.

While the relay is out, grab a meter and ohm out the wiring, with the relay removed you can check the under dash and steering column parts of the harness easy. Sounds like you have two wires that have rubbed enough to make a limited connection. Either that or the horn signal is going to ground through the turn signal harness. The rapid flash tells you there is a dead short in the right turn signal system somewhere.

Back