engine build help

smokn_ram

Plowboy8550
im going to start on my 24 valve as of now ive got an 97 ag block to go in it , 480hp coated cummins marine pistons, a street cam, a little head work o ringed ported ,industial inj 10x11 inj, hx40 or super b over hx60 twins and probably going to p pump ive got a cds pump thats around 650 cc and 5500rpm (probably going to change the springs to 4000) any ideas on the some good parts to finish it off?? i want it to be a reliable driver and be able to pull a trailer around the farm maybe around 700 hp and still be able to play on the street and i might pull it a time or two. fluid damp, fancy rod bolts, valve springs ect what do i need??????????????????????

Thanks for the input

I would definately go with a set of 110# springs and possibly retainers for that cam

I would do at least rod bolts, a fluidampr, and have the bottom end balanced. You definitely need valve springs and billet retainers & keepers.

a 97 ag block to go in it , 480hp coated cummins marine pistons

Whats the reason for useing these??? Whats the ag block out of. And whats the story on the pistons??? Just wondering as i am trying to get stuff together for my 24valve also

I would do at least rod bolts, a fluidampr, and have the bottom end balanced. You definitely need valve springs and billet retainers & keepers.

when you balance the botom end would it be better to get billet or peened rods, and whats involved with the crank when you balancing that.
Thanks Jake

I had a 53 block in the truck didnt want to push my luck and i had a 6bt layin in the weeds in a new idea uni forage chopper it was a reman engine in 97 and it burned in a barn fire with only 200hrs in it.. the ag block is alot stronger esp vs a 53 block.. the pistons are a little heavier as well i think they will hold up better.. they also have a little different bowl i hope im makin the right choice with a p pump over the new dragon fire!!???

Back