Engine power loss 2/3 down the strip, Why?

trucken

2004 Dodge 2500 LB 2WD AUTO

Launches very well, pulls very strong, 2/3 down the strip pedal unresponsive engine does not stall, but I have to coast across the finishline. It sucks. Its still running, I drive it to the start line it seems fine but, next race it flatlines again. I change the programmer settings around to see if any improvement. No

A lot of smoke out exhaust when or after it dies. Is this because engine is running full tilt when it dies leaving an excess of unburnt fuel or is it, dying because its getting too much fuel?

Anyone know why?

5" open exhaust, ATS stage 5 Billet trans w/Copilot. 120 inj. nozzles, Banks intake & intercooler, PPE Dual CP-3, Smarty Revo TNT, dual Shot Nitrous, ATS compound twin Turbo, Edge Juice w/ Attitude HOT, FASS lift.

This truck at full weight has run 12 flat in 1/4. But lately real inconsistant like 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, even an 18 coasting across the GulfPort, MS. finish.

:nos::tree::st:

Do you have a rail pressure gauge? I am far and away from knowledgeable on the CR's but this sounds to me like the rail might be getting a bit dry. Also, what kind of RPM's are you seeing when it noses over? Is it past the useful RPM range?

I'm in Gulfport, MS

Rail guage is not drying out.. 20-23,000 psi

RPM approx. 3600 or slightly less.

Well mine even with Smarty TNT, TQ=4 stills stops fueling after about 3000rpms and I flatten out on the strip between the 3rd to OD shift. I am paitently waiting on the TNT-R so see if that will keep fueling all the way throught the 3rd to OD shift.

bd rad is suppose to do away with tq mangement and not defuel have you guys with the 3rd gen trucks thought about the dual feed line kits ava. there suppose to work great is what i was told no 1st hand exe. with them though

Back