Engine/pump number decoding

20valve

Tired 215
Truck is a '98 automatic, but it's got a CPL of 2175/pump number 913. I need to know, if possible, what year the engine is. I can get any numbers someone would need. I ordered the upper radiator hose for a '98, but the hose was too short. I noticed on autozone's website that there are different part numbers for 96/97 and 98 trucks. Also, the A/C manifold lines were different. So I don't have to guess on parts again, is it possible to figure out which year the truck came out of? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info. Seems the decoding on that particular thread was geared more towards, "What is a 993, 866, 913, etc?" I'm wondering if there's a way to tell what year the engine came out of by the numbers on it and/or the pump. I think I've got it narrowed down to a 96 or 97 manual engine, simply from the radiator hose design. But, for future parts sake, I'm trying to narrow it down further.

Whats the engine number? I can look it up on quickserve.

Which number do you need? Sorry, if it's not a CPL or pump number, I'm lost. I can get you whatever number you need, if you tell me what block it's under, or what it may start with.

Back