engine stand

Jupton.. That's kind of my thought of building a bracket for the back of the block.. Right now the short block is just sitting on a homemade engine stand.. but it doesn't want much more than just the short block.. I have a stand kind of like the one Chris (Signature600) posted.. (but bigger.)
Just need the time to build the mount..
Bryan

what happens if you just mount the engine on normally to a engine stand,, is it a big problem?

depending on the strength of your stand, the block itself can be okay. Put a complete engine on one and you are taking a risk.

Just alot of weight hanging all the way out there.

I bought a harbor freight 1 ton rotating stand and my engine has been sitting in that thing for over 6 months now unfortunately. The stand is $100.00 roughly.

ahh, gotcha.. I guess I will find out.. try it out, I did buy the heavier duty one

I bought a 2000lb stand from "China Freight" - have my 12V hanging off the bellhousing adapter holes, fully dressed. I trust it, but only in a static position. If you were shoving up and down on the unsupported end, I bet you could cause it to fall off.

I weigh 250lbs and I have a hard time rotating a complete short block on my HF side mount stand. I actually have to grab the motor, if you try to use just the handle, it bends pretty easy. LOL

haha yea same deal with mee too, habor frieght stand and i put a complete motor together once and had too put a wheel wieght on back of stand to keep it from being tipsy....wont do that again,now just pretty much just put head on and thats enough! lol

Back